Nightmares & Daydreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome
Now come one, come all to this tragic affair----

Welcome to Nightmares & Daydreams. A modern day rp that takes place in a psychiatric hospital.

You were thrown in here for one reason or another. Dumped in this hellhole they call Daniel Grey Psychiatric Hospital, or actually more commonly known as the local loony bin of California. When you think "psychiatric hospital" or "mental institution" I'm sure the first thing you think are those scary asylums they have in the movies with bright white lights everywhere and people in straight jackets not talking to each other.

I guess in a way Daniel Grey is like that in the sense that a lot of the walls and floors here are a bright white. But there aren't any people in straight jackets and a lot of the people here talk to each other. Actually the patients here are friendly in most cases, save for the few that are anti-social beyond belief. And they can dress how they want,it's actually quite homey here so don't be afraid when you're dropped off for the first time.

Whether you be a normal human being who decided to work here at Daniel Grey as a therapist or security or an unstable patient you are welcome here, just remember. Lights out at 10 PM and DO NOT step out of your room past midnight.
Switch account
Switch Accounts

Time and Date
Monday

11:30 AM
Head Count
Therapists- 2
Mental Health Professionals- 1
Security- 1
Interns- 1
Rehabilitation Counselors- 1
Patients-11
Daniel Grey Staff

Dr. Evans
Boys Dorm Room 1 {ADRIAN & SPENCER} - Page 2 Acrowpaw_by_nocterma-d72xvh5
Dr. Carthur
Boys Dorm Room 1 {ADRIAN & SPENCER} - Page 2 10-48
James
Boys Dorm Room 1 {ADRIAN & SPENCER} - Page 2 12-0
Vekpo
Boys Dorm Room 1 {ADRIAN & SPENCER} - Page 2 15-47
Dr. Elizabeth

Killian

Season

Affiliates
Night of the Blood Moon

Word Counter
Word Length: 0

Boys Dorm Room 1 {ADRIAN & SPENCER}

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Boys Dorm Room 1 {ADRIAN & SPENCER} - Page 2 Empty Re: Boys Dorm Room 1 {ADRIAN & SPENCER}

Post by Spencer Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:49 pm

"I can probably get a glow and the dark marker from somewhere so when we turn out the lights our walls can glow. And maybe we can cut out sheets and we can dress up as ghosts."

Spencer giggled, trying to imagine the hilarious scene of the two of them, blankets draped across them. He thought of the possibility as quite funny. He was, though, all in for it.

“That sounds like fun!” Spencer replied enthusiastically. Man, Halloween would be so awesome.

“Man, Dr. Evans would fucking kill us!” Adrian declared, letting out a soft chuckle. The other man's enthusiasm made Spencer smile. Just talking to Adrian made him smile. "I am all for pissing off that tight ass therapist. He thinks he knows everything. He's such a fucking stoner, spewing shit about how I need help, help that he can't give unless I talk to him. I mean really, I'm sure he's not THAT bad of a guy and its apparent that he cares, but he doesn't display it right. He keeps implying I'm crazy when I'm not."

Spencer understood Adrian's point. He wasn't too fond of sharing his secrets with others, even close friends, let alone therapists. They even scared him slightly. From how Adrian described Dr. Evans, he wasn't too sure he'd like him either.

"Well, just cause we CANT have scissors doesn't mean I'm not gonna have them anyways. We could probably snatch them from someone's office." Adrian planned. Spencer smiled, this mischievous activity seemed to make Adrian happy. The man was quite adorable when he was happy, his black hair falling in a mess in front of his eyes and lips stretched into a cute smile. Adrian was adorable even when he was just plain Adrian.

"We have plenty of time till Halloween to prepare, and if we cant get a hand on some scissors maybe we could find something else that could work?"

Spencer nodded, "Ok. If they're really sharp, pencils might work." He remembered when he accidentally cut himself with a pencil in elementary school. If pencils could cut skin they sure could cut paper.

"I haven't actually had Halloween in 2 years," Adrian whispered, "2 fucking years without Halloween. How did I even survive. I mean sure they gave us like 2 pieces of candy but that is NOT Halloween. One year they tried to decorate but then one of the patients lost his shit and they had to take it all down. Never happened again."

Spencer shrugged, "My mom thinks I'm too old for Halloween. She doesn't let me dress up or trick or treat or anything!" He finished his sentence exasperatedly, "She wouldn't even let me pass out candy! At least I get to eat a bunch of candy though."

He was relieved as Adrian had let him dress, and quickly sat down in front of Adrian, arms crossed. He wished Adrian wouldn't look at his arms, it always made him nervous when people caught a glimpse of his scars. It sort of embarrassed him too. It's not like all of them were his fault. They were still noticeable through the tattoos. He did notice Adrian's gaze linger on his arms and suddenly watched Adrian grab his arm and examine his cuts and old wounds. His heart sped up anxiously.

"What happened?" Adrian asked, looking genuinely concerned. Spencer uncomfortably pulled his arm from Adrian's grasp. Anxiety coursed through him at the fact that Adrian had pointed out his scars.

"Nothing," he said quickly and anxiously, and wrapped his arms around himself once more.

Addressed: Adrian
Mentioned: Adrian, Dr. Evans
Word Count: 593
Side notes: ahh I keep going inactive
Spencer
Spencer

Back to top Go down

Boys Dorm Room 1 {ADRIAN & SPENCER} - Page 2 Empty Re: Boys Dorm Room 1 {ADRIAN & SPENCER}

Post by Adrian Clark Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:37 am

And all these demons keep me up all night
"Ok. If they're really sharp, pencils might work." Adrian raised an eyebrow and gave a small smile. The thought of trying to cut paper with pencils was silly but he didn't want to insult Spencer's idea so he stayed quiet. "My mom thinks I'm too old for Halloween. She doesn't let me dress up or trick or treat or anything!" Spencer has said with a shrug which made Adrian pout. "You are never to old to trick or treat. My parents didn't really care about me I guess. I could have killed myself and they wouldn't have noticed. "Hey mom I'm gonna go slit my neck open" "thats nice honey, don't make a mess."" He gave a small snort and rolled his eyes. "I mean, it's not like I cared much for them either so I guess its fair." He eyed Spencer carefully and slowly added, "I mean... well I wasn't like a jerk for no reason. I just... I'm not crazy." It was obvious how much Adrian wanted to stress that he was sane. How could anyone love you if you're out of your mind, so he has to make Spencer believe him.

However, the moment soon passed and there was a bit of silence as Spencer pulled his arm away and just blew off Adrian's question. It made him upset. Did Spencer not like him enough to tell him why he was hurt? What if someone hurt him and told Spencer not to tell anyone? This thought made Adrian fuming and he let out a low animalistic snorting noise. "I swear if they hurt you I will burn them alive" he said suddenly, his eyes still holding concern for the guy.

Sure Adrian is a little bit of a scatter brain but thats just who he is with his disorder and all. He makes assumptions and starts talking about them before explaining and it gets confusing. In his brain he connected scars with fights so he assumed someone was being mean to Spencer and Adrian simply would not tolerate someone being mean to his friend.

Mentioned: Spencer
Song of the moment: Your Way With Words Is Through Silence! by A Day To Remember
Muse: Aweful
Wearing: Clicky
Word Count: 350 on the dot
Side Notes: Dont fuck with his probably soon to be man
Adrian Clark
Adrian Clark

Back to top Go down

Post by Spencer Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:38 pm

"You are never to old to trick or treat. My parents didn't really care about me I guess. I could have killed myself and they wouldn't have noticed. "Hey mom I'm gonna go slit my neck open" "thats nice honey, don't make a mess.""

Spencer's expression changed as he thought Adrian was being serious about suicide, "Well, please don't because... I'd care," it took him a second to form his words. He would quite honestly not know what to do with himself if Adrian committed suicide. Even though he just met the guy, he already immensely cared about the man. He couldn't really describe it fully, he just wanted to be around Adrian, make him happy.

"I mean, it's not like I cared much for them either so I guess its fair. I mean... well I wasn't like a jerk for no reason. I just... I'm not crazy." Adrian added, Spencer sensing a jovial tone in his voice that suggested he wasn't serious about the suicide topic. Spencer was somewhat relieved. He didn't like it when people joked around about suicide, or were serious about it. Suicide was a touchy topic for him. His sister's memories crept slowly into his train of thought, and the man shook his head as if the action would rid of her.

"I don't think you're crazy," Spencer added, somewhat quietly. Adrian wasn't crazy... just scared.

After Spencer had pulled his arm away, Adrian's expression changed. It reminded him of earlier when the man had attacked him at dinner, and he let out an animalistic snorting sound. Spencer couldn't help but suppress a shiver, and his heart beat sped up even more with Adrian's reaction.

"I swear if they hurt you I will burn them alive" Adrian muttered, and Spencer calmed down a bit. But Spencer had done some of the cuts and wounds on his arm. Would that mean Adrian would burn him alive? His overthinking frightened him, he didn't want Adrian to burn him alive! But Victor had done some of these wounds, he didn't think Adrian could hurt Victor. He seemed untouchable. Immortal. Spencer didn't believe that anyone could harm Victor.

"But... but... I did it," Spencer murmured, "Well, not all of them. But their all my fault." Everything was his own fault in Spencer's mind. It was his fault Victor was mad at him, it was his fault Mom was scared of him. It was his fault Delilah died. His fault.

Spencer soundlessly pulled his knees to his chest and hugged them, a pitiful look plastered on his face. He rested his head on his knees and looked up at Adrian.

Mentioned: Adrian (Victor)
Word Count: 440
Side notes: doot
Spencer
Spencer

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Clark Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:34 am

And all these demons keep me up all night
"Well, please don't because... I'd care," Spencer had said, his features shifting into sadder ones. "Don't stress about it. I'm to busy trying to keep myself alive to worry about killing myself." He gave a small smirk, happy and proud at his own clever and deep words. He was gonna write that down later if he got the chance.

The thought of suicide made him sub consciously rub at his neck, wrap his hands around it to see how it felt. A demon had tried to kill him like that before and it just made him terrified of himself so he pulled his hands down and shivered. "Never" he whispered to himself and uncapped his marker to write "keep yourself alive" across a patch of empty pale skin.

"I don't think you're crazy," Adrian placed the end of the maker in his mouth, leaving it uncapped and looked up at Spencer with bright hazel eyes. "Thats good. If it's worth anything I know you're not crazy." There was a sort of silence after that, the comments about scars and everything sort of hanging in the air and it made Adrian uncomfortable. He didn't think he did anything wrong but apparently he did if Spencer was so silent.

And finally he spoke, "But... but... I did it." Spencer's voice was soft and Adrian didn't even understand. Why would he hurt himself? Thats just stupid, wouldn't it make sense to leave scars on other people's body and not your own? It seems like a much better stress reliever to hurt someone who harasses you than to hurt yourself. The confusion showed on Adrian's face too. His mouth gaping open just slightly, his jaw set sort of crooked and his eyes narrowed, dark eyebrows furrowed to create creases. "Why?" he questioned out loud. He didn't quite understand this, and he was a curious guy and he intended to get the answers he wanted.

"Well, not all of them. But their all my fault." He has added and Adrian shook his head. "Your fault would be dropping a plate on accident and watching it shatter. Marks on your arms aren't your fault." He moved a bit closer to Spencer, intrigued by his scars and not having the sense not to stare. "I mean I guess technically you DID put them there yourself by.. why? You had to have reason and I'm sure this reason isn't your fault. Even if you think it is I bet it isn't. You're flawless in a lot of ways and even your imperfections are awesome, they're what make you... you. Without them you'd be a blank canvas and no one likes that. You decorate your canvas with blood and cuts and I use a less violent alternative of marking on myself with marker. You should try it, I think you'd like it." He smiled brightly even though he still didn't understand Spencer.

He also figured he should help the guy so he uncapped his marker and got to work on scribbling on his arm. /I've been up in the air, out of my head./ /In The end everything collides./ /The only hope for me is you./ He shrugged and slowly gave his marker to Spencer. "Just don't hurt yourself please." He smiled weakly and went in for a final hug. Wow he was being awfully touchy today. He better be careful, if he becomes with social with everyone possession would be easier.

He stood up and smiled down at Spencer. "Take care of my marker. Now I think I might have more hair dye stowed away somewhere in here." He trailed off and went off looking in his drawers. When he came back he had bright red hair dye. "So I don't know how well this will work but I've been thinking about dying my hair and maybe you should join me." He smiled and reached for Spencers hand. If Spencer actually took Adrian's hand then the two would be off on their way down the hall and to the bathrooms.

Mentioned: Spencer
Song of the moment: Up In The Air by 30 Seconds To Mars
Muse: Alright
Word Count: 680
Side Notes: Oolalala to the bathroom *eyebrow wiggle*
Adrian Clark
Adrian Clark

Back to top Go down

Post by Spencer Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:04 am

"Why?"

Why. Spencer hated when people asked why. Three little words that he dreaded Adrian would ask. They always struck him in a way that he hated. Why? Why do you cut yourself Spencer? Why? He wracked his brain for a viable answer.

"Because I hurt," He thought of finally, And people hurt me." He wasn't sure if he'd consider Victor a person, more of a monster. But he acted like a person in many ways, so many ways that he was more of a person than a monster. He shook his head, his brain confusing him again.

"Your fault would be dropping a plate on accident and watching it shatter. Marks on your arms aren't your fault." Adrian assured.

"But everything is my fault. I did these purposefully, it's my fault these things are on me. Or I caused something for their existence," He tried not to explicitly say Victor's name out loud. It seemed to 'summon' him. He tended to speak of his scars as a separate being. He watched Adrian moved closer to him, continuing to look at his scars. Spencer moved uncomfortably, trying to find a position for his arms so their marks wouldn't be visible.

"I mean I guess technically you DID put them there yourself by.. why? You had to have reason and I'm sure this reason isn't your fault. Even if you think it is I bet it isn't. You're flawless in a lot of ways and even your imperfections are awesome, they're what make you... you. Without them you'd be a blank canvas and no one likes that. You decorate your canvas with blood and cuts and I use a less violent alternative of marking on myself with marker. You should try it, I think you'd like it." Adrian suggested.

Spencer gave Adrian a weak smile after his remark. He watched as the man took out his marker and wrote on his arm. he wished it was that simple, stopping cutting with just saying you won't. He was tempted to tell Adrian that it wasn't that simple, but he was up for trying something new.

"Just don't hurt yourself please." Adrian pleaded, and handed Spencer his marker. It was simple, a plain thick Sharpie, but to Spencer it was more than that. It was special. He looked up from the marker and saw Adrian coming in for a hug. Spencer tentatively opened up his arms in and embrace, and instantly was happy that he did hug the guy. Warmth flooded through him, and he instantly felt a little better. After the hug broke apart, he gave Adrian a short nod. He decided to give this marker technique a try.

"Take care of my marker. Now I think I might have more hair dye stowed away somewhere in here."  Adrian got to his feet and strode over to his drawers. Spencer shifted so he had his legs tucked under him. He looked at his arm and the sharpie, trying to think of something to write. He hadn't listened to much music, not enough times to really learn the lyrics ever since Delilah died. Before, he listened to rock, alternative mostly. He was reminded instantly of Teenagers, one of his favorite songs. The man looked once more at his arm, and scrawled the words 'so darken your clothes, I'll strike a violent pose'. He almost wrote over Adrian's 'sorry'. He darkened the apology and then looked back up at Adrian. Smiling, he held up a box of bright red hair dye.

"So I don't know how well this will work but I've been thinking about dying my hair and maybe you should join me."  He spoke.

Spencer looked up at him, awestruck, "How'd you even get that in here?"

He watched Adrian offer him a hand, and he took it, standing up. Spencer followed the man's lead down the hallway as he lead them to where Spencer assumed was the bathroom.

Mentioned: Adrian (Victor)
Word Count: 659
Side Notes: doot
Spencer
Spencer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vekpo Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:04 am

"Do you really? I don't like liars, and I have been lied to too much.. I cannot possibly trust anything about you.. there is no solid evidence that you are a good guy..” Adrian said after a long, awkward silence, then added, "I want you to be good so I guess I have to trust you."

Spencer thought for a moment, “If it’ll make you feel any better, I’ll tell you how I got into this place.” His offer made his stomach toss and turn with nervousness, but he felt as if it needed to be said.  

He watched as Adrian hobbled to his feet and stumbled to the shower. He watched Adrian take off the rest of his onesie in a heap on the floor. The man was just in his boxers as he stepped into the shower. Spencer’s eyes widened. Adrian was standing pantsless in the shower. He stumbled to his feet awkwardly and turned to face the wall. He rubbed the back of his neck. He had just met the guy and now he was in his boxers taking a shower. What if his boxers were white? Spencer didn’t dare look, because what if they were? The sound of sloshing water and the loud whine of the shower head filled the room. After what seemed like forever, Spencer heard the sound of the shower turn off, He could hear the sound of Adrian’s bare feet slapping the tile, then the sound of a towel being unfolded. He turned around to see a towel wrapped around Adrian’s lower half. Relief flooded over Spencer to see his friend covered again.

"I'll just let my hair air dry, if I make to much noise someone might come yell at me" Adrian said, walking over to the mirror lined wall. Spencer watched him examine his hair, looking for a moment at his wound, which was red and irritated looking. He hoped it’d be fine.

“Okay,” Spencer replied, yawning. Damn it’s been a long day for him.

"Lets just go back to our room and go to sleep. It's been a long day." Adrian said. Spencer nodded in agreeance. He was utterly exhausted and wanted nothing more than to lie down in bed and just relax. Spencer noticed that Adrian forgot his trash and hair dye container on the bathroom floor. Spencer picked up the hair dye bottle and etcetera, and followed after Adrian who had begun to walk back to the room. Spencer noticed the hallways were somewhat empty. Perhaps it was almost 10 o’clock. He reached the room fairly quickly, and entered the room, looking behind him as he did so. Once he reached the room, he handed the bottle of hair dye to Adrian.
“You forgot this,” He said, a small smile creeping on to his face. After giving Adrian the bottle, he climbed up the bunk bed to the top. He instantly wrapped the quilt around himself and looked back down at Adrian.

Mentioned: Adrian
Word count: 495
Side notes: wrong account don't care
Vekpo
Vekpo

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Clark Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:36 pm

I'm just the way that the doctor made me
Once they were back in their room the first thing Adrian did was straighten out his rug so it covered up the big drawing on his floor again. “You forgot this,” he heard Spencer say as he was handed the rest of his hair dye. "This will be nice halloween decorations" he noted as he got to his feet and kept his towel up with one hand while he put the left over hair dye in a drawer.

Next thing on Adrian list before crawling into his bed was to change into dry clothes. His pale colored skin had long since dried and lost the red color from the hair dye and the heat of the shower water, but his boxers were soaked and even left a trail of light red water. So he had made his way over to the dark ebony colored drawers in his room, half of them left empty for Spencer's things. After a moment of shuffling the soft dark fabrics Adrian found red boxer briefs that he would change into. Seeing as he had a towel up hiding everything he used his free hand to pull his boxers off and toss them into a laundry hamper. Once that was finished with he put on the dry boxers and pulled on the bottoms of his pjs, buttoning the last few button before dropping his towel and putting his onsie on the rest of the way.

"I'm not used to having a roommate.. sorry I probably should have thought ahead of time and brought different clothes into the bathroom to spare any awkward moments." He shrugged, "whats done is done though, you've seen me half naked and honestly I don't mind if you don't mind, it's not like I was butt naked." Spencer was looking down at him from the top bunk and Adrian just stared back. He held the taller man's gaze for just a moment before flopping onto the bottom bunk and yawning. "I don't usually sleep" he said, looking up at the top bunk where Spencer is laying. "Sleep is scary, to be unconscious, your body left defenseless. I do not see how anyone can sleep peacefully while I lay awake. Alexander.." he paused remembering other patients called him by the name Dr. Evans. "I mean, Dr. Evans says I have something called insomnia." He shrugged his shoulders, it was rare for him to talk so much.. but he hadn't had anyone to talk to in so long.

It gets lonely in mental institutions, thats what Adrian tried to get out. But they always pull you back. It's like a god damn prison cell, no escape.

He sighed softly and got back to his feet, getting a new black sharpie from his desk and writing around one of the drawers on it "get me out of my head 'cause it's gettin' kinda cramped in here." He liked that phrase, it suits him well and he really wished he could have a different mind. Alexander says he has an extraordinary mind, which is true, Adrian is actually very smart despite his mental illnesses and his lack of interest in anything that he doesn't want to do. However, with so many voices telling him to do things he doesn't wanna do or seeing so many things that could hurt him, he often gets over whelmed and sometimes can't even think for himself.

Tagged: Spencer
Song of the moment: Bullet Proof Heart by My Chemical Romance
Muse: Bad
Word Count: 572
Adrian Clark
Adrian Clark

Back to top Go down

Post by Spencer Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:13 pm

"This will be nice halloween decorations" Adrian said after Spencer handed him the leftover hair dye. He wondered what sort of decorations Adrian could make with red hair dye, and decided not to question it. He’d probably see soon enough.

Spencer watched the man from the top of his bunk, curled up comfortably in his blanket. He liked the quilt, it reminded him of one at home. He missed home, but barely. He liked having someone like Adrian to talk to, other than his mom. His mom was nice, but a bit overly protective. He didn’t have any friends to hang out with, just whoever came to the home. His mom never hand many visitors, he wondered why.

He looked down at his hands, remembering the band aids that were placed there earlier from Adrian. A smile crept on to his face. Adrian wasn’t mean, he was just scared, Spencer decided. He wondered if he could help the man.

"I'm not used to having a roommate.. sorry I probably should have thought ahead of time and brought different clothes into the bathroom to spare any awkward moments." Adrian said. Spencer looked up at the man. He was now dressed in his onesie once more. His wet hair clung to the sides of his head, a slight red tinge to it.

"Whats done is done though, you've seen me half naked and honestly I don't mind if you don't mind, it's not like I was butt naked." He added.

Spencer was reminded of the awkwardness in the shower earlier when Adrian was washing out the dye in his hair in only boxers. He guessed it could’ve been even more awkward than it was. Spencer nodded. He just stared at Adrian for a little while before the man flopped on to his bottom bunk, out of Spencer’s sight.

"I don't usually sleep. Sleep is scary, to be unconscious, your body left defenseless. I do not see how anyone can sleep peacefully while I lay awake. Alexander.." Adrian paused for a moment, then continued, "I mean, Dr. Evans says I have something called insomnia."

Spencer had heard of insomnia. He didn’t really have trouble falling asleep, it was just staying asleep that was the problem.

“I don’t have insomnia,” Spencer said, shifting how he was sitting so he could investigate the whole room from the top bunk. He sat on his butt with his back against the wall, sort of hugging his knees, “I just have trouble staying asleep. One of the doctors I went to said it has something to do with anxiety.”

Spencer heard the bunk shift and saw Adrian walk over to his drawer, rifle through them, and grab a sharpie. He wrote the words ‘Get me outa my head, cause it’s gettin’ kinda cramped in here’. Spencer smiled, he liked those lyrics. He wasn’t sure if he had heard the songs the lyrics came from, but he liked them.

He wondered if Adrian had plugged in his night light. He looked over at the man as he stood by the dresser, and decided to ask.
“Did you plug in the night light?” the taller man questioned. He remembered handing Adrian the night light, but couldn’t remember if he watched him plug the light in.

-----------------------------
Addressed: -- Adrian
Mentioned: -- Adrian
Word Count: -- 545
Wearing: -- too lazy to find a thing
Mood: -- Tired
Muse: -- okay
Side Notes:-- time to do the sleepy sleepy
Spencer
Spencer

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Clark Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:02 pm

I'm just the way that the doctor made me
“I don’t have insomnia,” he heard Spencer say from the top bunk. "Thats good" he said gently, smiling even though Spencer couldn't see his facial features since he had his back towards the guy right now. “I just have trouble staying asleep. One of the doctors I went to said it has something to do with anxiety." His roommate continued as Adrian turned around and started heading back to his bed. "Thats not so good," he said with a frown. "I don't have anxiety, I just don't usually talk much. Before you were here I would only talk to the doctors and sometimes my roommates that I actually liked. Sometimes I wouldn't even talk to the doctors." He sighed and stopped before getting into bed.

“Did you plug in the night light?” Spencer asked and Adrian looked up at him blankly for a minuet before finally, his brain registered what the guy said. "Oh," he started, talking softly. "No. I haven't. I'll do that now," Adrian said awkwardly making his way to a light socket, looking around for the night light on his way, picking it p and plugging it in. He then glanced at the over head light with a sigh. "I have to turn the light out." He stated apologetically, and terrified for himself. "I'm sorry, they'll yell at me if I leave the over head light on."

He grabbed his slender black flashlight and walked over to the light switch. He braced himself, taking a deep breath and feeling his heart speed up and pound in his chest. Who knows what could happen tonight, demons and other weird things have been happening to him all day, in broad day light. In the dark these creatures and images just got more vivid, more scary. He shut his eyes tight, and finally clicked it off.

Even through his eyelids, he could see the lights turn out. The color around him went from a light reddish color to pitch black and his breath caught in his throat. He quickly turned his flashlight on and opened his eyes, slightly comforted by the nightlight Spencer had provided and his own light being expressed from his flashlight but still terrified. He walked quickly and anxiously back over to his bed, put his skeleton hood up and climbed under the covers.

To ease his mind, Adrian decided to talk to Spencer. "I never finished what I was saying" he said softly, skimming the light around the room nervously with a shaking hand. "I don't have anxiety, I just didn't talk. I guess I didn't talk because.. well I liked being known as the scary intimidating guy that never talked and dressed in all black. I liked people being afraid to approach me. It was a nice change, being feared rather than being the one afraid. No one talked to me that wasn't a doctor or forced into chatting with me one way or another and I didn't want them to anyways. Besides, when I had no friends in this hell hole I didn't see a reason to talk unless I needed to."

He stopped talking for a long while and just kept looking around the room. "Besides, when other patients are afraid of you, they wont approach you and possibly hurt you. You cannot possibly trust anyone these days. They all either wanna slit your throat or are working with the people who want to slit your throat."

Song of the moment: Stay Away From My Friends by Pierce The Veil
Word Count: 581
Adrian Clark
Adrian Clark

Back to top Go down

Post by Spencer Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:23 pm

"Thats not so good, I don't have anxiety, I just don't usually talk much. Before you were here I would only talk to the doctors and sometimes my roommates that I actually liked. Sometimes I wouldn't even talk to the doctors."
Spencer nodded. He understood why Adrian didn’t like to talk much. People weren’t always the nicest things to choose to talk to. He didn’t consider Ryan or Victor like the other people. They were different, but real unlike what the doctor told him. His mother’s voice echoed in his ears, they’re not real, its all in your head. That was the one thing Spencer didn’t like about his mother, she didn’t understand.
Adrian responded after Spencer asked him about the nightlight. "Oh. No. I haven't. I'll do that now," Adrian said. Spencer smiled. He was so relieved that his roommate was also afraid of the dark. Well, it wasn’t good that Adrian was afraid of the dark. That would be mean if he thought it was a good thing. He just was… happy that someone else slept comfortably with a night light, too. Spencer watched as Adrian plugged the little light into a socket and looked disappointedly at the overhead light.
"I have to turn the light out. I'm sorry, they'll yell at me if I leave the overhead light on." Adrian said with a sigh. Spencer nodded quickly, eyes wide. He was used to the dark at home. It was a manageable dark, a dark where he could see everything by the light of his night light, examine the room in the dark. But he didn’t know what the dark was like here. It could be that awful dark where you didn’t see anything, just blackness. He hated that dark passionately, it scared him half to death, too. After grabbing his flashlight, Adrian walked over to the light switch and clicked it off.
With his eyes unadjusted to the darkness, Spencer’s heart leapt out of his chest. It was dark, very dark. Anxiety flowed through him like a stream cascading over a waterfall. He instantly looked down at his nightlight, which tried as much as it could to light the darkness that filled the room. He was bleakly aware of Adrian stumbling to his bed, holding the flashlight with him.
As Spencer’s eyes adjusted to the dark, the night light seemed to light more and more of the room as well. His heart began to beat at a normal rate, slowing gradually as his eyes adjusted more and more.
"I never finished what I was saying. I don't have anxiety, I just didn't talk. I guess I didn't talk because.. well I liked being known as the scary intimidating guy that never talked and dressed in all black. I liked people being afraid to approach me. It was a nice change, being feared rather than being the one afraid. No one talked to me that wasn't a doctor or forced into chatting with me one way or another and I didn't want them to anyways. Besides, when I had no friends in this hell hole I didn't see a reason to talk unless I needed to." Adrian said from the bottom bunk. Spencer nodded, but then realized that Adrian couldn’t see him.
“I understand,” Spencer replied. Satisfied with the light the room was cast in, Spencer slid down with his head on his pillow. His jaws stretched into a quiet yawn.
"Besides, when other patients are afraid of you, they won’t approach you and possibly hurt you. You cannot possibly trust anyone these days. They all either wanna slit your throat or are working with the people who want to slit your throat."
“That makes sense,” Spencer answered. It did make sense. People didn’t really talk to him anyway, he was always sort of… there. Barely existing. He wished people would talk to him sometimes, and wished they wouldn’t at other times. People always had the knack of talking to you when you didn’t want to talk.
Spencer yawned once more. A wave of exhaustion hit him suddenly. He could feel his eyelids weighted down from the tiredness.
“I think I’m going to sleep now,” He announced, “Goodnight Adrian.” Shortly after saying so, Spencer fell asleep.

Mentioned: -- Adrian (Ryan, Victor)
Word Count: -- 708
Wearing: -- too lazy to find an outfit
Mood: -- Tired as hell
Muse: -- goodish
Side Notes:-- beddy bye time
Spencer
Spencer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Evans Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:44 pm

Time skip
All patients and staff who are not currently in there room should make
their next post in there room. As of now the rp had skipped, the date
now being Tuesday September 23, 2013. The time is 6:00 AM.
Alexander Evans
Alexander Evans
Admin

https://nightmares-and-daydr.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Clark Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:56 pm

Have you ever wanted to disappear?
After the conversation died down, Adrian guessed Spencer went to sleep. He had to tried to sleep tonight, he really had but it just didn't happen. He tossed and turned all night, and every time he closed his eyes he just heard sharp claws on tile and rancid breath on his neck. There was no way he could fall asleep and let them get him, he had to stay up. He wasn't exactly tired though, being paranoid with your heart beating this fast often gets your blood flowing and adrenaline pumping, so he was wide awake. He hated being awake though. When he's up for so long all by himself, it gives him time to think. Thinking is bad. Unspeakable horrors can be pulled from his brain, just made him more paranoid.  

Even when he did drift to sleep, he was only awoken only maybe 30 minuets later by some hair raising sense of suspicion. In all Adrian had gotten maybe an hour of sleep that night. He just kept looking at the clock, waiting for it to be a reasonable time to wake Spencer up. Usually Adrian woke him roommates up at 7, just in time for breakfast but today was different. It was different because he got scared. Terribly scared of the darkness of his room, he wanted Spencer to be up and maybe comfort him. So with no second thoughts, not waiting to let something grab him and kill him he leaped quickly off his bunk, crawling up the ladder to the top bunk and sitting in a ball at the end of Spencers bed, peering down at the floor nervously.

"Spencer" he said in a hushed but still worried tone. He pulled one of his hands away from his body to shake his roommates leg. "Spencer" he said again, this time in a more pleading voice. "Wake up please, I want to turn the light on." He was unsure if his begging had woken him, so Adrian then shifted so he was sitting in the small space wedged between Spencer's back and the pale white wall. The wall was cold, but Spencer's body heat over powered that so Adrian felt quite warm and safe in this little crack. No matter how safe he felt though, He needed to wake Spencer up. He placed both hands on his side carefully and shook him gently, hoping he didn't scare him. "Lets go eat breakfast" he said, looking nervously down at the ground again.

Song of the moment: This Is How I Disappear by My Chemical Romance
Word Count: 420
Adrian Clark
Adrian Clark

Back to top Go down

Post by Spencer Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:58 pm

Spencer slept surprisingly well that night. He only woke up three or four times that night, which was good by his standards. He fell asleep easily each time he woke up. It must've been all that he had done the day before that made him sleep so well and fall back asleep so fast. He tie he awoke though, he sat up in his bed and scanned the room for any abnormalities or Victor. Each time he looked, he saw the dimly lit room and the long shadows the furniture cast on the floor.

"Wake up please, I want to turn the light on."

The voice cut into Spencer's mind, making him jump at the sound. His first instinct was it was Victor, meaning all the things he had done up to this point were things he would pay for. It didn't register in his mind that the voice was familiar. His heart leapt in an instant, and he quickly sat up and looked around. The room looked brighter than when he last checked. He swiftly examined his surroundings and turned around to see Adrian wedged in between him and the wall, looking slightly nervous and scared. His face instantly lifted into a smile, and he relaxed, realizing that it was his friend that had woken him. Over the past 8 days, he had taken a liking to his roommate.

"Good morning," he said, "You can turn the light on." He was actually relieved that Adrian would do so. Even with the night light, it wasn't a nice brightness in the room. He much so preferred that the light was on.

"Lets go eat breakfast," Adrian said, looking down at the ground nervously. Spencer himself wasn't very hungry, but he didn't mind going to breakfast. He usually just ate lunch and dinner.

Spencer nodded, "Okay." He pulled the quilt off of his body and slid over to the ladder. He climbed down the rungs on to the floor. He was nearly to the light switch and looked up at Adrian.

"I'll just turn it on," He said. As he said so, the man flicked the light switch on. The room was instantly bathed in the comforting glow of the over head light. Spencer couldn't help but smile. The light made him happy.

The man looked down at his clothes. They were yesterday's and the day before's clothes. He thought he should probably change his clothes before breakfast.

"If you don't mind I'm gonna change my shirt before we go to the Cafeteria," he said. He'd just change his shirt for now and worry about his bottoms later. The tall man strode over to the drawers and pulled open the second one. A few days ago, he'd decided to move his clothes to the drawers and out of the duffel bag. He rifled through the drawers and pulled out a yellow Pink Floyd shirt. He quickly took off his shirt and set it in the drawers. He uncomfortably grabbed his Pink Floyd shirt and slipped it on quickly. He hated when his chest was exposed. He always thought people would judge him, his skinny body cloaked in tattoos.

He looked up at Adrian on the bed and gave him a half hearted smile, "Ready to go."

Mentioned: -- Adrian (Victor)
Word Count: -- 545
Wearing: --Click click just the shirt and some jeans
Mood: -- Neutral
Muse: -- good
Side Notes:-- idek

Spencer
Spencer

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Clark Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:23 am

Have you ever wanted to disappear?
Adrian jolted back when Spencer sat up quickly, which caused him to hit his head on the wall behind him. "Ouch" he said softly, touching the back of his head softly. "Good morning," Spencer had said and Adrian smiled brightly. He sat cross legged on the top bunk as he watched Spencer climb down and turn the lights on, also changing shirts. "I wonder whats for breakfast" Adrian said as he blinked his eyes, letting them get used to the sharp white light.

"Hopefully something good" he added as he climbed to the floor to put some clothes on. It's difficult sharing a room and not just awkwardly stripping down to get dressed. Even though Spencer had been with him for a little over a week it was still uncomfortable to get into clean clothes (when Adrian didn't feel to paranoid that he refused to get out of bed) and some days he hadn't even put on his pjs. Usually the nights where he stayed in his clothes are the nights that he would crawl out of his bed and use his flashlight as a lamp as he drew on different sheets of paper and things he found around his room.

Currently though, he was wearing his pjs. So he stumbled over to his dresser, pulling some clothes out of his colorless set up made up of completely black outfits for the most part. To Adrian, dressing in front of Spencer wasn't awkward, but he could tell it made Spencer feel weird so he tried to be as discreet in changing his clothes as possible. Adrian after all had dressed out in gym when he was in middle school, boys have seen him in his underwear all the time so it was no big deal to him.

Today he started with getting his shirt down, stripping his onside off half way to put on an all black t-shirt, then covering it with a cool black jacket covered in buttons and stuff. After that he tied a black and white striped bandana around his wrist, then it was time for his pants. Literally there was no way for him to change pants without being awkward, so he just took off the rest of his onsie and pulled some black skinny jeans that were a bit to big on over his boxers. Of course since they were so big on him he needed a belt to hold them up.

"Ready to go." Spencer said as Adrian joined him near the door before going out into the hall way. "Me to" he said as he opened the door and headed out into the hall. "Did you have a good sleep?" He questioned, running his hand through his messy red hair to pull it up out of his face, only for it to fall back down into his eyes.

-To the cafeteria-

Song of the moment: Alone Together by Fall Out Boy
Word Count: 481
Adrian Clark
Adrian Clark

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2