Nightmares & Daydreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome
Now come one, come all to this tragic affair----

Welcome to Nightmares & Daydreams. A modern day rp that takes place in a psychiatric hospital.

You were thrown in here for one reason or another. Dumped in this hellhole they call Daniel Grey Psychiatric Hospital, or actually more commonly known as the local loony bin of California. When you think "psychiatric hospital" or "mental institution" I'm sure the first thing you think are those scary asylums they have in the movies with bright white lights everywhere and people in straight jackets not talking to each other.

I guess in a way Daniel Grey is like that in the sense that a lot of the walls and floors here are a bright white. But there aren't any people in straight jackets and a lot of the people here talk to each other. Actually the patients here are friendly in most cases, save for the few that are anti-social beyond belief. And they can dress how they want,it's actually quite homey here so don't be afraid when you're dropped off for the first time.

Whether you be a normal human being who decided to work here at Daniel Grey as a therapist or security or an unstable patient you are welcome here, just remember. Lights out at 10 PM and DO NOT step out of your room past midnight.
Switch account
Switch Accounts

Time and Date
Monday

11:30 AM
Head Count
Therapists- 2
Mental Health Professionals- 1
Security- 1
Interns- 1
Rehabilitation Counselors- 1
Patients-11
Daniel Grey Staff

Dr. Evans
Boys Dorm Room 1 {ADRIAN & SPENCER} Acrowpaw_by_nocterma-d72xvh5
Dr. Carthur
Boys Dorm Room 1 {ADRIAN & SPENCER} 10-48
James
Boys Dorm Room 1 {ADRIAN & SPENCER} 12-0
Vekpo
Boys Dorm Room 1 {ADRIAN & SPENCER} 15-47
Dr. Elizabeth

Killian

Season

Affiliates
Night of the Blood Moon

Word Counter
Word Length: 0

Boys Dorm Room 1 {ADRIAN & SPENCER}

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Boys Dorm Room 1 {ADRIAN & SPENCER} Empty Boys Dorm Room 1 {ADRIAN & SPENCER}

Post by Alexander Evans Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:35 pm

Adrian & Spencer
Boys Dorm Room 1 {ADRIAN & SPENCER} Tumblr_mqw0kgN9ki1r2jp06o1_500
Adrian's previous roommate had left the institute almost a week ago, 5 days to be exact. Because of Adrian's disorder he has yet to get any sleep since his room mate left as he is terrified of being alone. Usually we allow our patients to pick their own room mates but with Adrian we fear thats not the case as if this lack of sleep goes on it could effect his health majorly. Since Adrian's room mates departure we have been searching for a suitable room mate with no luck, however today a new patient arrived, another boy who has a disorder similar to Adrian's (schizoaffective disorder) named Spencer. Usually we would think it a bad idea for to patients with such similar disorders to room together but because they both seem to be silent and both have similar fears we thought it best to room them together and hope for the best.
Alexander Evans
Alexander Evans
Admin

https://nightmares-and-daydr.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Boys Dorm Room 1 {ADRIAN & SPENCER} Empty Re: Boys Dorm Room 1 {ADRIAN & SPENCER}

Post by Adrian Clark Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:19 pm

And all these demons keep me up all night
Adrian had been huddled in the corner of his bed for the longest of while. Believe it or not, everything was quiet in his room and in his head, but his hands were cupped tightly over his ears and his eyes were shut tightly. The silence was unnerving, just a faint constant echo that was generated from the cooling vent inside his room.It was 6:00 PM and while everyone else had gone to dinner by now Adrian refused to move. Of course he didn't feel safe here alone in his room, the demon could come and take him any time but he didn't dare move. If he just sat here and stayed quiet in this ball he had formed maybe the demon wouldn't be able to find him.

Hearing the door creaked up Adrian just pressed the palms of his hands tighter to his ears and let out a low whining noise, curling up further as if he could just curl up so tight and small he just disappeared. "Adrian" he let out a small gasping noise. Since when did the demon know his name? This was bad.. really really bad. With his name the demon had more control over him. He didn't know how that worked but he knew that now he was in even more danger. By now he was all sweaty and his heart was pounding, he could hear faint foot steps across the rug layed across the center of his floor, the demon was getting closer. A hand rested softly onto his shoulder and thats when he lost it. The patient let out a terrified scream, stretching one arm out at his attacker in an attempt to push them away. His hand clasped around loose clothing and he pushed outward, letting go of the wad of clothing he had grabbed and letting his attacker fall to the ground with a thud. "Adrian calm down!" He just shook his head, how could they want him to calm down? WHY did they want him to calm down? "No!" His eyes were opened now but he refused to look at the demon, terrified to see it's hideous face.

"ADRIAN LOOK AT ME" he shook his head again and back up further into the corner of his bed, feeling the cold metal press into his skin through his clothes. "No.." he said softer again, still shaking his head and curling into fetal position. A cold hand was placed carefully on his head and tried to manually turn it. "Letgo of me" he said softly, fighting feebly against the demon's hand. By now it was more than obvious he had almost given up trying to fight it, just let it take him, it would be easier.

Letting out a soft sigh he stopped struggling all together, his heart beat pounding in his ears and allowed the demon to turn his head slowly to face it. All at once his heart slowed back down and breathed out in relief seeing the worried face of an intern, a faint smile visible under strands of blonde hair that had come loose from the tight pony tail. "See.. it's just me Adrian" the man nodded his head slowly, looking up at her expectant of her to speak.

"Are you gonna come to dinner?" he shook his head no and edged away from here so her hand fell away from his head. "Alright then.. Dr. Evans told me to let you know you have a new room mate, he should be here any second. Be sure to act your best, okay?" His face visibly lit up and a faint smile curled onto his lips and he nodded his head in understanding and watched the intern stand up and smooth out her clothes before heading out the door. "His name's Spencer... I'm sure you'll like him a lot." Adrian watched as she left, shutting the door behind her and he just kept his eyes focused on the door, still balled up in a tight ball, terrified that the next being to step through the door would be a demon.

He shut his eyes tight and stood up at last, he needed to relax his mind. Walking carefully over to his desk he grabbed a sharpie and walked idly over to one of the walls. He didn't even need to think, he just began scribbling random things. "They'll never take me alive" "Theyre these terrors, and It feels like as if somebody was gripping my throat" "Cancer" "Out Comes The Wolves" "Dead" "Sleep" he just kept writing these little phrases and sentences all over that wall until it was almost completely covered in ink he sighed softly and capped the marker, sitting down in front of the wall and staring at the door waiting for Spencer. He knew as soon as one of the staff members saw his wall they would yell at him about it and say it would scare other patients away.. either that or put him back in expression therapy. He grinded his teeth and narrowed his eyes, he hated expression therapy. He hated therapy in general and certainly group therapy. He wasn't like the rest of them here, he's not crazy like them. They just won't believe him, they don't think he's in danger and it just pisses him off every time they say its all in his head. He growled low and shook his head, turning his attention back to the door and trying not to think about the silence of the room and how empty it is, how a demon could get him at and second and no one would know until its too late.

Mentioned: Demons, random intern
Song of the moment: Up All Night by Blink 182
Muse: Good
Wearing: Clicky
Word Count: 949
Side Notes: Whoo
Adrian Clark
Adrian Clark

Back to top Go down

Boys Dorm Room 1 {ADRIAN & SPENCER} Empty Re: Boys Dorm Room 1 {ADRIAN & SPENCER}

Post by Spencer Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:30 am

A skinny, slender looking man walked down the hallway of dormitories for the mental hospital. He was dressed in a simple black t-shirt, looking slightly ratty and worn torn, a few holes in it. Draped over his t-shirt was a long sleeved dark green flannel, looking a bit crumpled. On his skinny legs were a pair of jeans, and slipped on his feet were dirty white Converse. His hair was styled in a sort of lazy way, slightly curled at it's tips and bangs swept across his forehead. In his hand was a black duffel, somewhat small. The man's body was littered with countless tattoos, wrapping around his chest and neck, across his forearms, running down to his fingers.

His posture was a bit frightened looking, his left arm wrapped around his right, which clutched his bag, his spine slightly hunched over as his eyes traveled from door to door. After all, he was in a new place, his surroundings seeming to cause a significant amount of fear. He wasn't used to a change of surroundings, even though he knew this day was approaching, the thought of having to adjust with others in a quite frightening manner. He had already seen a great amount of others in this place, instantly realizing their purpose in this hospital. The interns, the therapists, and the patients themselves. It scared him that his mother, the one that had been taking care of him for the majority of his life, would not be here. It still struck Spencer in a form of disbelief that she had abandoned him like this. He'd hurt these people or they'd end up hurting him. Or he'd hurt himself somehow. Victor would make him do something he didn't want to. He was sure of this.

The soft patter of Spencer's Converse echoed slightly in the hallway. He had been too anxious to attempt to eat dinner, besides his mother had cooked him a last meal before sending him here.

The man looked up, suddenly hearing another set of footfalls in the hallway. He recognized the figure instantly. It was a woman, somewhat short and chubby, her skin a bright orange, a large number 6 imprinted on her forehead. She looked somewhat confused to see Spencer's presence in the hallway. He recognized her instantly. Betty. She was walking down the hallway to meet him.

"What're you doin' here, hun?" her tone was generally interested, not in a sincere way, but a way that made it seem as if she had nothing better to do. She spoke with a thick country accent.

"Mom put me here," He spoke casually, stopping in the middle of the hallway.

The short orange woman made a tsk sound with her teeth, "What a shame darlin', what a shame. Victor won't be too happy 'bout this. You know how he is 'bout those people with those meds, them doctors."

Spencer grimaced nervously. That was the last thing he needed, Victor's wrath. The impulsive, easily annoyed and insistent man was the reason his mother had sent him here in the first place. He dreaded having to speak to him later.

"Well darlin', better see ya later," Betty responded to Spencer's facial expression, walking down the hallway past him, "be sure to watch for him in the dark."

The dark. That was Victor's favorite place. The grey toned man was well hidden in the dark, that's what scared him the most. He could be above him, clasping his wrists and guiding them to wrong doing as Spencer could not see. He had made sure to grab the night-light he had owned at home. His roommate might think of it as childish, but at least he would be able to see Victor and tell him to go away. Like he would listen.

The man continued down the hallway, looking for the room  numbered 1. He looked puzzled, seeing that the numbers were becoming larger and larger as he continued walking. He shook his head, Betty must've distracted him, yet he couldn't remember walking all this way.

The man turned around, making his way back down the hallway, the numbers decreasing gradually. He wondered absently what color this roommate he had learned was named Adrian would be. He hoped he wouldn't be a yellow, or at worst a grey. Nothing frightened him more than greys. They reminded him of Victor and his cold, merciless stare.

At last, Spencer found room 1. A wave of anxiety washed over him, as he knocked softly, and pushed open the door slowly. The room instantly met his sight, the first thing he noticed was the colors. Blue and white, and dull shades of the two. The colors lifted his spirits slightly.

The next thing he noticed was the man sitting on the lower bunk, looking directly at him as Spencer entered. His eyes widened in fear for a moment, seeing the gaze of the man with messy black hair and black clothing meet his own. He could see writing written on the wall next to him, different phrases in black. The marker clutched in the man's hand lead him to assume that he had written on the walls.

Spencer scanned the room for a moment before opening the door a bit more. His throat was dry for the nervousness of meeting this man, Adrian.

"Uh.." Spencer spoke, nervously, "I'm, Spencer." He spoke, the words 'I'm' and 'Spencer' slightly disconnected from one another. He wasn't sure if he should enter the room completely, or stay in the hallway. He could see a frightened look in Adrian's eyes, so far he inferred he was a red, or an eight on account of this gaze. He wasn't quite sure yet. Different colors often were mistaken for one another.

Addressed: (Betty), Adrian
Mentioned: (Victor, Betty), Adrian
Muse: pretty good
Word Count: 961
Mood: nervous, anxious
Side Notes: idk none I guess

Last edited by Spencer on Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spencer
Spencer

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Clark Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:07 pm

Adrian held his breath as the door squeaked open though he let it out in a big ragged puff when he saw it was some strange dude with curly brown hair. "Uh.. I'm, Spencer." Adrian stayed quiet for a bit longer, seemingly ignoring the guy. He knew who Spencer was, he was his new room mate he just wasn't interested in that at the time. The man just picked at his nails for a few awkward moments before heaving a sigh and scribbling something onto his arm. "Save yourself" he perfected the thin black lines until they were thick and boxy before nodding in approval and putting the cap on his marker, tossing it to his bed and unfolding himself, letting go of his knees and placing them on the floor boards, pulling himself up by the bars over head.

"Hi" he said softly at last, his eyes looking up to catch Spencer's eye and giving him a small smile. "I'm Adrian" he paused and held up a finger, scrambling off over to his dresser again and opening a small box, pulling out a bag in it and untieing the top. Taking a pinch of salt he tied it back up and walked back over to Spencer, flicking the salt at him and watching through narrowed green eyes to see if it would burn his skin or something.

Once he got no response Adrian nodded his head in approval. "Sorry... just taking precautions." Usually Adrian's schizophrenia wasn't quite this bad, but lately for the past 3 days without having anyone in his room with him it's made him even more... paranoid. This always happens when his room mate is transferred or released, he goes a little more crazier then usual. He let out a sigh again, he missed his old room mate. He would talk to Adrian and stay up until he was fully asleep, most the time anyways. It was calming to have someone talking to him when he fell asleep, it distracted his mind and helped stop nightmares because he fell asleep calm.

Without thinking he brought his gaze up to Spencer's face again and blurted out all at once. "Will you stay up talking to me? And do you mind me having a flashlight... things are in the dark and..." he shook his head. He knew he shouldn't be so reluctant to talk about it with other patients seeing as they were crazy unlike him, they were actually ill in most cases while Adrian was just in danger and scared. Still, he felt like they would shout at him that he's crazy so all together he didn't talk about his schizophrenia.  

Mentioned: Demons, Spencer
Song of the moment: Interlude by My Chemical Romance
Muse: Goodish
Word Count: 448
Side Notes: Doot
Adrian Clark
Adrian Clark

Back to top Go down

Post by Spencer Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:08 pm

Spencer watched Adrian for a moment, slightly interested in his actions, watching him unfold his legs and write something on his arms. He wasn't quite sure what to do, whether or not to slink out the door or enter fully. Spencer looked around the room in detail a bit more. There was a set of bunk beds against the wall, covered in blue blankets and quilts. The walls were white with few decorations upon them, except for what he assumed were the scribbling's of Adrian.

Spencer's ears detected the sound of creaking metal, and looked back at Adrian as he got to his feet. He stepped back for a moment, half expecting him to rush forward and do something to him, yet he just gave him a soft smile.

"Hi. I'm Adrian," he introduced, yet Spencer already knew his name. The receptionist had informed him he would be in the company of a roommate named Adrian, seeing that it may be beneficial to the both of them.

He watched as the man paused and scurried to a dresser, seeming to be searching for something. Spencer watched, pushing the door open slightly to get a better glimpse of what his intent was. After a few moments of searching, he pulled out a small box and opened a container of some sort, and pulled out a pinch of some substance. Spencer's eyes widened for a moment as the man approached him and flung the substance upon him. He flinched, half expecting him to throw an object at him. To Spencer's surprise, the substance impacted with his face and landed on the floor beneath him. He was slightly puzzled on what the substance was, yet didn't question it. That was pretty crazy.

"Sorry... just taking precautions," Adrian nodded, packing the box away. Spencer was still mixed with feelings of confusion and apprehension. Precautions for what?

Spencer set his duffel on the ground beside him, his hands were becoming tired from holding the object. It wasn't that it was heavy, he just was becoming tired of holding it. There wasn't much in it. Just a few pairs of clothing mom had made him pack, or well, packed for him. She refused to let him come empty handed with just the clothes he wore. That's all he really needed anyway. Well, that and his night light, and perhaps a notebook or two.

"Will you stay up talking to me? And do you mind me having a flashlight... things are in the dark and..."

Adrian's words interrupted Spencer's train of thought somewhat abruptly, taking him by surprise. His arms curled within themselves instinctively as he processed Adrian's words. He didn't mind the fact that Adrian had a flashlight. Did he not like the dark either? Spencer's spirits lifted slightly.

"I... uh," Spencer thought for a moment, assuming Adrian would think of the idea of a night light as childish, and attempted to think of a way to work his thoughts "I have a... night light. I don't like the dark... either."

Realizing he had forgotten a part of his question, Spencer blinked a few times. Stupid, stupid, stupid, "I, I don't know." He honestly didn't know. It was hard to pick a color for this fellow, some colors were better to talk to than others, some you shouldn't talk to at all.

Spencer still felt awkward and uninvited, standing in the doorway of what he felt was more accurately described as Adrian's room, like an uninvited guest. He looked briefly at the plain floor, then back at Adrian, then to a few places in the room, then back at Adrian. He felt a little paranoid. Victor hadn't shown himself in a while, he was due for a visit. He dreaded seeing that man once more, he has been exceptionally violent. A memory flashed before him, mom's frightened face as Spencer stood before her, a butter knife clenched tightly in his grip.

Spencer shook his head and looked back at Adrian, thinking to address him about entering the room.

"Can I come in?" He asked cautiously, shifting his arms so his right one clutched his left forearm.

Word count: 691
Mentioned: (Victor), Adrian, his mom
Addressed: Adrian
Muse: good
Mood: Anxious, nervous
Side Notes: idek
Spencer
Spencer

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Clark Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:57 pm

"I... uh, I have a... night light. I don't like the dark... either." Adrian's face lit up. "Really? Thats awesome" he ran his hand through his messy black hair. "Ya see, my parents refused to get me a night light before I was sent here maybe 2 or 3 years ago.. said it was stupid and childish. The staff gave me a flashlight though so I suppose it's alright."

"I, I don't know" Adrian tilted his head, he had almost completely forgotten about his first question. "Oh.." he said softly, slightly disappointed. Well, if he didn't talk him to sleep it would be his own fault when Adrian woke him up complaining about nightmares. He shuffled his feet awkwardly and shrugged. "Thats fine I guess." He couldn't hope for another perfect room mate, just a compatible one. Just so long he didn't get another obnoxious room mate he was good.

"Can I come in?" Adrian shook his head. "Oh yeah, of course. You can have top bunk.. I don't like it so high away from the ground." He glanced at the clock on his wall and tapped his fingers on his desk. It was only 6:24 PM, only about 20 minuets past. He sighed and scratched as his head, walking back to his bed and picking up his marker. Subconsciously he  drew a spider web in the area between his index finger and thumb with "hopeless" written above it.

The silence that stretched on was uncomfortable so at last he tried to make conversation. "So uh... I think they're still serving dinner until 7:00 PM... then I think it's gym if I remember correctly." Of course he remembered, he hardly forgets anything and if you had been in this place as long as Adrian you would never forget the schedule either. His nose scrunched up at the thought of having to go to gym but then it dawned on him, it was only Sunday. He let out a soft sigh of relief. "Actually it's Sunday so after dinner we have free time."

He stretched out his arms and began to head out the door. "You can just throw your bag on your bed... if you don't know where the lunch room is follow me." His voice was soft but kind and he smiled softly at the guy. He didn't like talking but at times like this he kinda had no choice. He paused before stepping completely out the door, standing in front of Spencer since the guy was kinda blocking the door way. He pulled his tie out from under his vest and loosened it enough to pull it off his head, tossing it to his bed. "They don't allow ties" he said softly before sliding past Spencer and out the door.

Mentioned: Demons, Spencer
Song of the moment: What A Catch by Fall Out Boy
Muse: Bad
Word Count: 469 *eyebrow wiggle*
Side Notes: Doot
Adrian Clark
Adrian Clark

Back to top Go down

Post by Spencer Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:38 pm

Spencer watched Adrian's face light up with happiness as he found out he slept with a night light as well. Relief washed over him, the fact that Adrian also had a reason to fear the dark made him slightly more comfortable with the fact he'd be sharing a room with him. He was still slightly confused on his color though. He seemed fearful like a red, yet not a complete red. Reds frightened him in a way. Not like greys, but in a way that made him weary and scared. Gosh, he was making his own head hurt by overthinking this.

"That's fine I guess." Spencer blinked a few times, trying to remember the previous conversation. His own thoughts had swallowed him, he vaguely remembered Adrian mentioning talking to him. He wasn't sure, and decided not to respond.

"Oh yeah, of course. You can have top bunk.. I don't like it so high away from the ground."

Spencer nodded. He didn't really care which bunk he got. The man grabbed his duffel and scooted awkwardly in the room and set it at the foot of the bunk bed. He would attempt to climb on to of it some other time. His gaze lingered on the bed for a moment before returning to look back at Adrian, then unto the floor. He was still trying to figure him out. Yet he hadn't known him for a while, but not knowing what color he was unnerving. He could already rule out some possibilities. He wasn't a yellow, or orange, or pink, or white, or red. Spencer was leaning towards the darker, more calmed colors, like green and blue and purple and black.

"So uh... I think they're still serving dinner until 7:00 PM... then I think it's gym if I remember correctly."

The man looked up at his roommate once more, muttering a short "Oh," in response. He was far too nervous to eat dinner, yet he thought I would be rude not to attend dinner. Still the idea of other people out there was kind of frightening. He was in a new place with new people surely crazier than himself, who knows how unpredictable they may be? He was glad he wore a long sleeve today, he didn't want anyone to point out scars. He had counted a few new ones recently, he didn't need anyone pointing them out. He hated seeing them enough as it was. Spencer didn't need to be reminded. He hope that mom had packed him long sleeves.

"Actually it's Sunday so after dinner we have free time."

Spencer nodded, half paying attention to Adrian this time. Free time? what happened at free time? He half expected an image of the patients of this place running wild, doing what they will to occur, yet he knew that wouldn't be the case... most likely. He guessed he would wait and see.

"You can just throw your bag on your bed... if you don't know where the lunch room is follow me."

Spencer nodded soundlessly once more, he decided to leave his bag where it lied, next to the ladder u to the top of the bunk, and store it elsewhere sometime. He actually dreaded having to go to dinner. The only one he knew the name of here was Adrian, and he still wasn't sure what to think of him. His stomach twisted for a moment, and decided to reluctantly accompany Adrian to the dining area. He watched as Adrian paused, removing a garment from beneath his layers of clothing He tossing it on his bed. He recognized the garment as a tie. He was never allowed to wear those, he slightly wished he was able to, people always looked so neat and classy with those.

"They don't allow ties." He heard Adrian state as he slipped out the door towards the dinning hall. Spencer exhaled nervously once more and walked after him, closing the door behind him.

-to the Cafeteria-

Mentioned: Adrian
Word Count: 661
Mood: apprehensive
Side Notes: doot

Spencer
Spencer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spencer Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:36 am

Spencer opened the door slowly to the room, half expecting Adrian to be sitting on the bed. He hadn't seen where the man had gone, and wasn't quite sure if he wanted to see him at the moment. The room was bathed in the very dim glow as the evening sun began to set, making the room almost completely dark. Spencer froze for a second and his heart rate quickened. The dark. The room was dark. Victor could be hiding in there, as far as he knew, the tall grey man could be in the corner, waiting for the moment in which he entered the room to grab him. He knew he had to turn the light on though. He shivered, frightened, took a breath, and rushed into the room, fumbling for a source of light. Fear raced up his spine as he stumbled around the room, and at least found a lamp. His hands shaking, the man attempted to turn it on. After a few moments, he clicked it on, instantly illuminating the room in bright light. His eyes scanned the room instantly for movement, chest rising and falling rapidly. Thankfully, he didn't catch sight of the horrible Victor as his hazel green eyes flitted rapidly around the room.

For good measure, Spencer turned on the overhead light, so the room was incredibly bright. He looked around briefly once more. He wasn't usually this paranoid, but the action filled day and stress had gotten to the man. Spencer walked over to the bunk, threw his duffel to the top, and attempted to climb up the ladder. His white converse held traction on the metal surprisingly well, and he climbed to his bunk with ease. The man scrambled up and sat facing the door, his back pushed as far as he could to the wall. This way he could scan he room for any signs of Victor. His eyes dropped down to his sheets. They were a dark shade of grey. Frantically, Spencer removed the quilt and stripped the bed of it's sheets, leaving it barren except the quilt. He grabbed the sheets and threw then across the room, slightly more relaxed now that he had rid of them.

Spencer absently looked through his duffel. His mom did pack his night light. He set the small lighting fixture aside, reminding himself to plug it in later. His mother had packed him mostly long sleeves, as Spencer had hoped, and smiled half heartedly. He looked up occasionally, finding relief that Victor was absent from the room each time.

Spencer lingered longer on his duffel than he had been when he caught sight of a color out of his peripheral vision. His mouth went dry an his heart sped up, his palms sweaty and limps weak. The color was grey.

His head snapped up instantly, seeing a dark grey shaded man next to his bunk. He was quite tall, his eyes barely peeked over the top of his bunk, a large number 4 imprinted on his forehead. Spencer scooted back against the wall as far as he could, his breathing labored. "V-V-Victor." He stammered nervously, watching as the man moved towards the ladder of the bed. In an instant he was in front of Spencer, his expression blank as he stared at Spencer's frightened gaze. Spencer was slightly surprised the man could fit in the small space.

"Spencer," He spoke, voice insincerely calm and sweet, "Long time no see? That's quite a cut you have on your lip. That man really beat the shit out of you earlier."

Spencer gulped nervously, "Y-You saw that?"

Victor nodded, "I see everything." The grey man's eyes traveled next to Spencer. He noticed his gaze linger on the nightlight, the grey man's expression changing to one of hatred and disgust.

"You brought this piece of shit with you!?" Victor asked angrily, voice raised and threatening as he pointed to the nightlight, "And had the nerve to tell your roommate, whatever his goddamn name is, you have it!?"

Spencer shook nervously. Victor had always hated the nightlight. "I'm sorry," He whispered, voice quiet and timid.

Victor stared at Spencer harshly, "If you were sorry you wouldn't have brought it." Silence ensued, Spencer staring fearfully at the grey man. After a few moments, Victor spoke, false kindness in his voice.

"Spencer, what's your roommate's name?"

Spencer swallowed nervously, "W-why?"

Victor's jaw clenched in anger, "Just tell me."

Spencer was still shaking in nervousness. He wasn't sure why Victor was asking for Adrian's name. Wouldn't he have found that out yet?

Victor breathed out angrily, suddenly clenching Spencer's wrists forcefully when the younger man didn't respond, "Tell me Spencer!"

Spencer's wrists hurt instantly from the man's tight grip, something inside him urging him not to diverge his roommate's name. His nails dug painfully into his palms, "No."

"TELL ME!" the grey man was inches away from Spencer's face, expression furious and grasp horribly tight on Spencer's arms.

"Adrian," He whispered finally, eyes wide from the confrontation, nails dug harshly into his palms. Victor's expression softened for a moment as he released his grip on Spencer's wrists. The young man looked at his palms which had begun to sting painfully, he had dung the in so harshly they had begun to bleed in 8 small crescent marks.

Victor had noticed Spencer's unintentional self injuries, "You deserve it, bitch." Within seconds of the grey man's words, he clutched one of Spencer's wrists and slammed it forcefully into his own jaw. Before Spencer could react, his jaw and palm stung with the force of Victor's abuse. Looking smug, Victor climbed off the bunk and stood near the door to the room.

"Oh, and don't let those medical shits give you their meds, or I'll make you regret taking them," He spoke before exiting the room.

As soon as Spencer was sure he left, the tears he had been holding in since Victor appeared stream from his eyes. It wasn't even the worst of the abusive man, he had once almost succeeded in making Spencer choke himself. The whole entirety of the day had affected Spencer in such a way that Victor's visit was amplified. His cheek stung and his palms stung. He was pretty sure they weren't bleeding very bad, if not at all anymore, yet his palms still hurt.

Spencer laid down on his bed, head smashed into his pillow as he breathed anxiously, still shaking. He knew one thing, he wasn't going to take the medication like Victor said. He hadn't disobeyed Victor very badly in his visit moments before. The last time Victor had told Spencer not to take his medication and he had flashed bleakly before him, his mind instantly changing the subject. Spencer grabbed the quilt on his bed and pulled in over him, covering his entire body. He had stopped crying, but was still shaky, panicked, and utterly exhausted.

Addressed: (Victor)
Mentioned: (Victor), Adrian
Word Count: 1152
Muse: really good
Mood: terrified, panicky, tired
Side Notes: my first 1000+ word post, I'm so proud c:
Spencer
Spencer

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Clark Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:45 am

As soon as Adrian saw Spencer leave from where he was at hiding behind a corner he lost all interest. He wasn't quite sure he wanted to go back to the room yet though, in case Spencer was angry at him which he probably was. Instead he just roamed around the halls with his arms wrapped around him kinda wanting to die. After only a few minuets Adrian grew bored and dug around in his pocket only to frown realizing he seemed to have left his marker in the cafeteria. He let out a soft groan of annoyance and finally began trudging back to his room.

He stopped outside the door hearing Spencer talking. "No" the first thing Adrian noticed is that Spencer sounded terrified, and it worried him. He had to admit he had taken a liking to the guy, probably even developed a small crush despite trying to kill him so he was legitimately worried even if he shouldn't be. After that he heard nothing and panic shot through him, without thinking he bust through the door his eyes wide and his hair hanging in his face. Without saying a word he looked around the room, seeing nothing but a lump on the top bunk which he assumed was Spencer and he also assumed he has previously been crying because of the after-cry-sniffles coming from the blanket.

The guy's eyes softened and he shut the door, walking slowly to the bed. With a soft sigh Adrian once again began to act before he thought and climbed up onto the top bunk, not bothering with the latter and just using his upper arm strength to pull him up a bit then clamber up the rest the way by kicking his back legs against the bed madly. Once he was on the bed and crawled under the blankets he didn't know what to do, he just wanted to comfort Spencer without being awkward.

Well his plan of not being awkward was ruined as now he was just staring at Spencer with the same soft eyes. Though once he realized he was staring he turned his face away quickly, blushing slightly before going out from beneath the shelter of the blanket and to the edge of the bunk. Leaning over he practically hung over the top bunk, draping himself down so he could grab another marker off the bed.

Coming back up he shuffled over so he was sitting next to Spencer curled up tight under the blanket again (notice they were quite close together so they could both fit under the blanket c:.)He slowly reached forward as to not scare Spencer and make him think he was gonna hurt him. he just grabbed his arm gently and scribbled across it "I'm sorry." He had done it without thinking of course, Adrian's habit with writing on things was always subconscious and the things he wrote usually meant something sincere. Right after he wrote on Spencer he went to his own arm which already had a few words and phrases on it and wrote across it "they always told me that you'll never get to heaven." Just after that he shifted and wrote across the wall "cause if you stop breathing, I'll stop my heart, I'll stop breathing too" and just after that he wrote on the upper part of his arm "be afraid of what I am." Then once he was a bit more calmed down by writing these few things he capped his marker and looked at Spencer, not exactly expectantly but with more of a look prompting to share whats on his mind if he needed to talk.  

Mentioned: Spencer
Song of the moment: Burn Bright by My Chemical Romance
Word Count: 469 582
Side Notes: Adrian has issues okay don't question him
Adrian Clark
Adrian Clark

Back to top Go down

Post by Spencer Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:06 am

Spencer was bleakly aware of the sound of a door opening. He assumed it was Adrian, and slightly wondered if Victor had returned. Perhaps it was Adrian and he wanted to go to bed or something. Spencer attempted to stop the uncontrollable cry sniffles, thinking how embarrassing it would be for Adrian to walk in on him crying. To no avail, Spencer continued accidentally sniffling. He heard the soft shut of a door and a sigh, and suddenly felt the bunk moving, along with his quilt.

To his surprise, it was Adrian, he had crawled under Spencer's quilt and was facing him. He could slightly see Adrian's face through the bright light that leaked through the quilt, eyes soft as he looked at Spencer. Spencer was utterly surprised that the man had crawled under the covers with him, and the fact that he had the nerve to do so after the episode that had occurred moments earlier. Adrian was really confusing to Spencer. One moment he was acting scared, the next he was hurting Spencer, then he crawls under Spencer's blankets while he was crying.

Spencer's eyes widen and he blushed as he realized how embarrassing it was to be crying, or recovering from crying. He turned away, determined to wipe the tear stains from his cheeks. The fact that he was blushing didn't help that he was getting over crying.

Spencer felt the blankets and mattress shift as he assumed Adrian had moved slightly or left. Curious, Spencer turned back around, noticing Adrian was no longer under the blanket. His shadows was still visible. What was he doing?

A second more and Adrian was back under the quilt, holding a permanent marker. He was sitting under the blanket this time, which meant he had to sit somewhat close to Spencer so they were hidden under his quilt. He watched Adrian reach for his hand slowly, uncapping his permanent marker. Apprehension filled him at first, yet Spencer let Adrian grasp his arm and scribble the words 'I'm sorry' across it. He smiled weakly, sniffling again, and watched as Adrian wrote on his arm something Spencer could glimpse from his angle. After writing on his arm, he escaped from the quilt for a moment. Spencer heard the squeak of the marker on the wall, and assumed Adrian had written something on it. he appeared once more under the quilt, writing something on his arm before he capped the pen and looked back at Spencer.

He wasn't sure what to think of Adrian. His colors were so.. confusing. One moment he's red, then purple (friendly-ish) then he's grey. It was so hard to figure him out. He brushed off the thought, he'd work on that later.

Spencer sniffled once more, reminding him of how Adrian had arrived on him crying. That was really embarrassing, he probably thought Spencer was a baby or something. He moved his hands slightly, which stung momentarily.

"That was really embarrassing," Spencer half mumbled, voice muddled from the recent crying. He shifted slightly, causing him to freeze and a twinge of pain raced up his spine, curling up tiredly. He was exhausted from the day's events, yet he didn't want to sleep, and knew he wouldn't be able to.

Word Count: 532
Mood: embarrassed, exhausted, slightly anxious
Side Notes: THEY NEED TO LOVE EACH OTHER ALREADY
Spencer
Spencer

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Clark Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:52 am

"That was really embarrassing," Adrian just smiled softly and shook his head, finally talking. "I assume you're talking about crying," he shrugged his shoulders, "if I'm correct it wasn't that bad. Everyone cries really.. and I uh.. I don't know the exact reason you were crying but I'm sure it was understandable." He felt Spencer shift beside him then stiffen up and he cringed slightly knowing he had probably hurt his back when Adrian slammed him against the table. "Um.. I feel terrible about.. attacking you." He swallowed nervously, not wanting to bring up the topic of the boy or his demon cause he knew Spencer would react just how everyone else would act, like he was crazy.

"I saw someone and they.." he shook his head and waved his hand dismissively. "Never mind, I never should have trusted him. You're.." he paused to think of the right word to use, "you're astonishing Spencer." He smiled awkwardly, astonishing probably wasn't the right word to use and he face palmed mentally, his face turning pink again. He curled his legs up so they were folded against his chest with his arms wrapped around them. "I'm glad to have you as a room mate, you don't make fun of me for being afraid of the dark like some of the others did." Adrian smiled softly at him again, not really sure where he was going with this conversation, just trying to be friendly.

"You'd think in a place where mostly everyone is insane there wouldn't be any bullys but oh how wrong you'd be to think that." He gave a tragic sigh and stretched his legs back out. "There are a lot of people that seem to just hate me for no apparent reason" he shrugged and picked at his fingers nonchalantly as if he didn't care. "Getting called a fag or wuss.. and the worst of all crazy." He pulled subconsciously at his own black hair. "How could they call me crazy though? Have they ever looked in the mirror? I mean sure I see some things other people don't but I am far from crazy." He gritted his teeth and let out a noise of frustration.

"I hate it here" he glanced down at the blue fuzzy slippers he had to wear until they gave his shoes back. "They act like everything is my fault and take away all my rights. I was cool with not wearing a tie but then they took my shoes away cause I was defending myself and it just royally pisses me off." He finally let go of his hair and turned his full attention to Spencer. It was strange for him to talk this much but since he last room mate left he hadn't had anyone to talk to. He let out a soft sigh, he missed that room mate the most. The rest were just alright but this one was actually awesome and cool.

Mentioned: Spencer, demons, the boy, old room mate
Song of the moment: Burn Bright by My Chemical Romance
Word Count: 495
Side Notes: Adrian probably most likely had a relationship going on with his old room mate
Adrian Clark
Adrian Clark

Back to top Go down

Post by Spencer Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:48 am

"I assume you're talking about crying. if I'm correct it wasn't that bad. Everyone cries really.. and I uh.. I don't know the exact reason you were crying but I'm sure it was understandable."

Spencer looked down at his palms once more. They didn't really hurt anymore, just slightly. His fingernails had left little pink crescent marks. He could faintly feel Victor's grip on his wrists as he recalled his recent visit. His cheek didn't really hurt anymore either, but his lip and back did.

"Um.. I feel terrible about.. attacking you." Spencer looked up, and smiled weakly, "It's ok." He wasn't quite sure what he should say about it. He honestly wanted to curl up and go to sleep and just forget today had happened. So much had happened in a matter of hours to Spencer's liking. He still was determined to figure out Adrian, whether or not he was to be avoided or not.

"I saw someone and they... Never mind, I never should have trusted him. You're... you're astonishing Spencer."

The man looked up, cheek's slightly flushed at Adrian's comment. He watched the man's own cheeks turn a shade of pink and his lips curl in an awkward smile. He looked back at his palms again, flattered and slightly confused on what Adrian had said. What had he meant by astonishing? Astonishingly good or astonishingly bad? He watched Adrian out of the corner of his eye as he shifted his position in sitting, now clutching his chest.

"I'm glad to have you as a room mate, you don't make fun of me for being afraid of the dark like some of the others did."

"Yea," Spencer mumbled. He looked briefly at the nightlight setting near his knees, picking it up carefully. He handed it to Adrian, "Here. This is, my night light." He felt kind of embarrassed that he used the night light. He looked down at his fingers idly as he listen to Adrian's rant begin, and his occasional movements which caused him to look up occasionally

"You'd think in a place where mostly everyone is insane there wouldn't be any bullies but oh how wrong you'd be to think that. There are a lot of people that seem to just hate me for no apparent reason. Getting called a fag or wuss.. and the worst of all crazy. How could they call me crazy though? Have they ever looked in the mirror? I mean sure I see some things other people don't but I am far from crazy."

Spencer looked up, moving his head so he could see Adrian better, and nodded softly, showing he was listening and he understood what Adrian had said. He looked down at Adrian's feet, which were, in fact, as he stated covered in hospital blue slippers. He hadn't noticed them before, perhaps because he was never looking for them. Spencer was glad they didn't make every one where them, he loved his white Converse, and couldn't imagine not wearing them. He had had them for the longest time it seemed. Or perhaps it was because he couldn't find the memory of getting them.

The brown haired man moved his arms slightly, still looking at Adrian, before dropping his gaze back to his hands, and uttered softly, "I'm tired." He paused for a moment, the spoke "What to we have to go to sleep by?" He thought for a moment, realizing he had left out a word in his question, "Sorry, I mean what time to we have to go to sleep by?"

Muse: badish
Word Count: 592
Mood: tired, sluggish
Side Notes: edited my post so now it's slightly better

Spencer
Spencer

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Clark Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:50 pm

Adrian watched Spencer as he looked at his palms that had small red crescents and dried streaks of blood on them. He assumed they were placed their by Spencer himself but there was no way to tell for sure, Adrian just instantly felt bad for the guy. As he was handed a night light he smiled softly and hopped off the bunk bed, plugging up the night light and grabbing a few band-aids from his drawers. Hopping back onto the bed he crawled under the blanket with Spencer again, taking his hand carefully and sticking a band-aid on it, laying it across the cuts. He really only needed one band-aid so now he had 3 extras. Scrunching up his face his folded his hand up inside the blanket and wiped off Spencer's lip a bit (he was being sanitary and all... and of course minding Spencer's personal space a bit more). Once his lip wasn't crusty and bloodied he undid and band-aid and carefully stuck it across the cut Adrian's knuckles had made. With the two extra's he just stuck them across the clothes on Spencer's back, as if that would help numb the pain. "There" he said softly, looking up at Spencer and smiling.

"I'm tired." Adrian nodded his head slowly. Adrian suffered from insomnia so he hardly got any sleep, but he could understand that Spencer was tired with all that happened to him and only on his first day. "What to we have to go to sleep by?" He tilted his head slightly, letting a puzzled look play onto his pale features. "Sorry, I mean what time to we have to go to sleep by?" Adrian sort of face palmed, that should have been obvious. "Oh," he just whispered softly. "Umm.. lights out at 10:00 but we can stay in our room for however long we please and just do whatever we want, lights out though." You'd think they would allow people like Adrian who have a deathly fear of the dark keep their lights on all night, but nope apparently that wasn't an option, who cared about mental health anyways?

He finally crawled from the blanket again, pulling marker down with him and falling onto the floor flat on his butt. "Fuck" he spat our, clutching his teeth and flexing his toes out in pain. "Owowowow" he stood up carefully and rubbed his tail bone. "Never do that again" he said softly to himself before sitting crisscross on the floor and began writing on it. " I was born of the womb of a poisonous spell // Beaten and broken and chased from the land // But I rise up above it, high up above it and see // I was hung from the tree made of tongues of the weak // The branches, the bones of the liars, the thieves // Rise up above it, high up above it and see // Pray to your God, open your heart // Whatever you do, don't be afraid of the dark \\ Cover your eyes, the devil's inside.

It was a song he heard on the radio once before he was thrown in here, it was an unsettling song but he always felt a connection to it so he decided he liked it. Once he finished writing the lyrics he drew a little... well a large doodle of a coffin opened a bit with long sharp claws coming out of the crack, one menacing eyes peeking through the darkness.

Mentioned: Spencer, demons
Song of the moment: Night Of The Hunter by 30 Seconds To Mars
Word Count: 586
Side Notes: 30 Seconds To Mars \o/
Adrian Clark
Adrian Clark

Back to top Go down

Post by Spencer Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:38 pm

Spencer watched as Adrian took the night light and smiled, climbing off the bed to plug it in. He pulled the blanket in such a way his head stuck out so he could watch Adrian as he did so. Thank God that his roommate was also afraid of the dark, he would've felt exceptionally embarrassed with having to use it. He felt slightly wary of it, Victor didn't like the nightlight, in fact he hated the nightlight. He hated when Spencer disobeyed him, Spencer dreaded his reaction with using the small light.

Spencer watched Adrian plug in the small light, then stride to his drawers. He couldn't tell what the man grabbed as he parted the dresser's drawers, and watched curiously as he climbed back up the bunk bed. He pulled the blanket over his head once more, Adrian crawling under it, beside him once more.  He now saw what Adrian had grabbed; Band-Aids. Spencer watched as Adrian grabbed his hand tenderly and applied a Band-Aid to the small crescent marks on his palms. Spencer hadn't noticed Adrian had spotted them, but looked up at him, smiling slightly. He was somewhat nervous that Adrian had noticed them, but enjoyed the fact that he had done such a thing in such a caring way. Maybe Spencer's impression of Adrian was wrong. Maybe he wasn't a grey.

He looked up at Adrian, who had wrapped a part of the quilt on his finger and went to wipe off some of the blood on Spencer's split lip, applying a bandage to it after he seemed satisfied with how much he had cleaned Spencer's lip. His small smile grew wider, exposing a small amount of Spencer's teeth. A few moments later, Adrian opened the last two Band-Aids he had and stuck them on the back of Spencer's clothes.

"There," Adrian spoke, smiling. Spencer hadn't seem Adrian smile before, and he quite frankly, thought it was adorable instantly. His lips pulled back, slightly showing his bottom teeth along with his top. There was just a certain quality to it that made his smile so cute.

Smiling, Spencer extended his arms and hugged Adrian, wrapping his arms around Adrian's waist, ignoring the ache in his back as he did so. After a moment, realizing that he had just randomly hugged Adrian, he unwrapped his arms around him, blushing. He sat for a moment, glancing at the Band-Aid stuck across his palm.

"Oh. Umm.. lights out at 10:00 but we can stay in our room for however long we please and just do whatever we want, lights out though."

Spencer nodded, "Okay." He remembered someone explaining it to him, but couldn't remember the time. He observed Adrian crawl out from under the quilt, assuming he was going down off the bunk. Spencer wrapped the quilt around himself as soon as Adrian was free. Suddenly Adrian fell off of the bunk, landing painfully on his butt. Spencer scooted over to the edge to where he fell off, looking at Adrian's pained expression.  

"Fuck. Owowowow," he spat. Spencer looked down at him, a concerned expression on his face. The sound of Adrian's impact on the ground seemed really hard.

"Are you okay?" Spencer asked softly, watching Adrian get to his feet slowly, rubbing his tailbone.

"Never do that again," he heard Adrian speak softly, before the guy lowered himself to the ground, sitting cross legged. He clutched his marker and began writing what Spencer assumed were song lyrics across the floor. Spencer Scooted forwards towards the edge of the bunk, curling up slowly with his blanket wrapped around him. His back ached, but he had moved so he could watch Adrian better as he wrote across the floor.

"What song is that from?" he asked quietly, watching Adrian draw the coffin, the unknown creature's bony fingers reaching out from it.

Word Count: 642
Side Notes: Spendiaaaaannnn
Spencer
Spencer

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Clark Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:53 pm

Adrian watched Spencer's face light up in a smile, and in turn he spread his lips just a bit more to actually show his teeth. He couldn't remember the last time he had actually smiled, even now he was hardly smiling, just awkwardly curving his mouth open. Though as Spencer leaned in and wrapped his arms around him a warm feeling spread through him and he allowed himself to actually smile, raising his hands slowly and wrapping them around Spencer's upper back.

When the guy pulled back, Adrian was slightly disappointed and missed that warmth and was half tempted to curl up into the guy's side and just snuggle him, to bad he just met him literally an hour ago.

"Are you okay?" Adrian glanced up at Spencer and nodded his head slowly, he was now on the floor and had been for a bit after he jumped off and probably shattered his ass. "It's kinda strange they allow us to have punk beds" he said absently standing up and drawing a giant sun in one of the four corners of the room. "They don't even allow ties and they don't let me wear shoes cause they say I'm danger now yet they allow bunk beds for people to fall off and bust their fucking ass open." He laughed softly and looked at the sun he drew. It wasn't exactly a bright sun, just a big black ball in the corner. He just shrugged and went back to his decorating.

"I'll find you when the sun goes black" he wrote in fancy letter under the large black sun. He didn't have very much room on his walls now, they were coated so thickly in black ink from the past. Of course it was still easy to read what he had wrote and he liked that. All the drawings and phrases mixed with lyrics gave his walls more personality.

"What song is that from?" He twisted his back and neck and looked down to see the lyrics and coffin on his floor. "Night Of The Hunter by Thirty Seconds To Mars" he shrugged his shoulders. "I just liked the song.. it's pretty cool."

After he was satisfied filling in the sun and perfecting his letters he capped the marker and shoved it in his pocket. "Um, if you want I can show you around a bit. Only if you're okay with that, it's just.. I don't have much to do in my room. I usually just sit around and draw and stuff during free time when I my room mates are transferred or something happens to them."

Song of the moment: S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W by My Chemical Romance
Word Count: 444
Side Notes: Sorry terrible, rambly post
Adrian Clark
Adrian Clark

Back to top Go down

Post by Spencer Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:16 pm

Spencer relaxed as Adrian nodded that he was alight. Spencer was a little more paranoid than usual, and still a little jumpy from Victor's visit moments before. Adrian had helped him calm down majorly. He shifted, his legs tucked under his chest, the blanket laid across his back and arms free to move around.

"It's kinda strange they allow us to have punk beds. They don't even allow ties and they don't let me wear shoes cause they say I'm danger now yet they allow bunk beds for people to fall off and bust their fucking ass open."

Spencer nodded, "Yea, that is weird." He watched Adrian get up from the floor and move to a corner, sketching a sun in it, how children would draw a sun in the corners of their drawings. "These things are easy to get hurt on." He watch as Adrian seemed to become satisfied with his sun, which now was filled in black, with a few words written underneath it that Spencer couldn't see from his position. The man stood up, looking back at his lyrics and coffin written across the floor.

"Night Of The Hunter by Thirty Seconds To Mars. I just liked the song.. it's pretty cool."

Spencer nodded, the name sounded familiar. His memory wasn't too great though. He might recognize a song if it played on the radio, "It seems like it'd be a cool song."

"Um, if you want I can show you around a bit. Only if you're okay with that, it's just.. I don't have much to do in my room. I usually just sit around and draw and stuff during free time when I my room mates are transferred or something happens to them."

Spencer nodded, "Okay," his gaze drifting to the wall. He regarded how awful it might be to form a relationship with someone just to have them taken away. His heart skipped a beat as the instant memory of Delilah flashed before him. The bright morning sun leaking in through her room, illuminating the otherwise normal scene in color. A letter sat gracefully on the floor below the item that commended the most attention. Above the letter, the dark shadow of a body suspended from a ceiling fan by a noose was horrifyingly contrasted against the light of a new day.

Spencer's breath caught in his throat at the recollection of the memory, causing an odd choking sound to escape his mouth. His heart thumped maddeningly against his ribcage. The man's breaths came out ragged and hard to muster. His eyes were opened wide in fear at the thought of that memory, that day. He scooted backwards slowly, retreating on his bunk so his back was pressed against the wall. Spencer's body shook with the shallow breaths he took into his lungs. The back of his neck was drenched in a cold sweat. He could hear Victor's voice sneering at him repeatedly: your fault, it was all your fault, you horrible bastard, you killed her, you killed Delilah, your fault.

Word Count: 508
Mood: 2 breakdowns in 1 day whoa now Spencer
Side Notes: this post is waaaaaaaaaaaay overdue >.>
Spencer
Spencer

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Clark Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:32 pm

"It seems like it'd be a cool song." Adrian just slowly nodded his head. Unfortunately his ipod had been broken his first week her so he couldn't play the song for Spencer. He thought about maybe humming the tune but honestly he didn't want to.

As the taller man agreed to Adrian showing him around he smiled and nodded. "I was thinking I could show you around outside some.." he paused and his eyes widened and he shuddered visibly. "No.. no outside" he said hurriedly, looking around frantically. At 7:00 PM the world was caught in a blue haze, everything dark and gloomy and it scared Adrian. So much darkness for demons to find him. "Maybe tomorrow" he whispered half to him in a hushed tone.

A weird choking noise from behind him made the guy jump out of his skin. In a quick motion he dove down, crashing into the metal chair by his desk and sliding under the desk wide eyed. His only thought was that something was choking Spencer. Maybe it wasn't a demon, but it was something. After all, demons aren't the only creatures to fear out there but they're the most powerful and they're the ones that want Adrian dead the most.

He ran through a list of things it could be in his head, his eyes shut tight when he realized there wasn't exactly anymore choking noises. Well Spencer was breathing roughly but the guy could have just been choked by some monster, of course he would be out of breath. Adrian was of course breathing deeply as well, but more because for a guy who barely does anything but sit in his room all day and attend the scheduled events Dr. Evans forces him to go to running for his life across the room and diving under a desk was a lot of work, plus he was scared shitless right now, so that was also a helping factor.

With a deep breath he crawled out from the desk on all fours, not bothering with fixing his desk and walked unsteadily over to Spencer who was pushed against the wall and he was freaking out. With a soft sigh he once again found himself crawling up into the bunk bed and sitting beside Spencer. He sat in silence for a while, not sure what to say. "It's alright" he blurted out at last. He wasn't a man good with words, so he just rested a hand comfortably on Spencer's shoulder. "We can stay in for now if you want."

Song of the moment: On My Way by Phil Collins (I was just listening to it at the moment okay)
Word Count: 444
Side Notes: My OTP
Adrian Clark
Adrian Clark

Back to top Go down

Post by Spencer Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:49 pm

Spencer was bleakly aware of a crashing noise off somewhere, it was hard to concentrate with the constant voice of Victor shouting at him, Your fault, all your fault you idiot. His mind spun and he felt sick to his stomach. Flashes of images, Delilah's sweet smile instantly turned sour as tears rolled down her face, the hanged silhouette of her body, all the while the horrible voice of Victor screamed in his ears reminding him that the reason she was gone was because of him. The taller man's eyes were held shut tightly, he felt as if the world was spinning and mind running rapid.

Somewhere, he wasn't sure where, salty tears had begun to roll down his cheeks. He thought he felt the bunk bed shift, but wasn't quite sure if he just imagined it or not. Spencer, you idiot. How come you hated her? He Huddled in closer so his shin touched his knees that were curled up underneath him. His world still spun, the taunts of Victor not ceasing even slightly.

This episode seemed to continue for eternity, until Adrian's voice broke the silence. "It's alright." He felt the weight of something on his shoulder, most likely Adrian's hand. Victor's voice quieted some, yet he remained curled up.

"We can stay in for now if you want."

The sound of Adrian's voice made him feel a little better. He still felt dizzy, and utterly awful. On impulse, Spencer untucked himself and wrapped his arms around Adrian, a few tears wet on his cheeks. He really needed a hug, to know another person was there. The man continued to embrace Adrian, Victor's voice slowly quieting, almost at a whisper for every moment he held on to Adrian. His tear stained cheek fell exhaustedly against Adrian's back.

After a few moments, Victor was silent, and Spencer realized that he randomly hugged Adrian again. He spoke quietly, somewhat embarrassed but still hugging Adrian, "Sorry." Spencer's breathing had returned to normal, but his head still hurt. His temples pounded painfully from the episode moments ago.

Mood: doing better
Word count: 350 exactly
Side Notes: these two are too cute
Spencer
Spencer

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Clark Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:17 am

Adrian couldn't help but let a small smile curve onto his face. The warmth that was always tagging along with Spencer's hugs flooded him again and he instinctively wrapped his arm's arm Spencer in return. With a soft sigh he scooted his booty closer to the guy so he could snuggle up beside him. Of course Adrian wasn't full on snuggling him with his face nuzzled comfortably into Spencer's neck like he would like but he was perfectly fine just sitting here with his arms wrapped around the guy.

Honestly Adrian was a guy that always liked to be intimate. It perhaps had something to do with his ultimate fear of being alone but Adrian always felt more comfortable with a special other. Of course he took a liking to Spencer, and of course he just wanted to be in a relationship right not but well.. he couldn't jump into it. Besides there was always the lingering factor that perhaps Spencer wouldn't like him the same way. Spencer probably was just hugging him in a totally platonic way with no interest in Adrian. Hell, Spencer might even be straight. Adrian let out another soft sigh. He just wanted to love someone again god dammit. Why did it have to be this difficult, couldn't he just jump straight into a relationship with Spencer?

The soft apology from Spencer made Adrian raise an eyebrow. Like he had to APOLOGIZE for hugging him. It almost made him laugh considering Adrian was always up for a nice good smile. "It's fine" he said at last, smiling and refusing to part from Spencer's side, keeping his arms wrapped tightly around him. "I'm perfectly fine with hugs. Hug me as much as you want." Adrian wasn't quite sure what to do now. Now he was just sat hugging Spencer, no words just sat hugging. Maybe he could ask Spencer if he's alright now and ask him if he wants to talk.. you know like Dr. Evans does. "I... don't usually talk to people I just met but you're cool. I know I'm not a therapist like Dr. Evans but lets just play pretend. Only.. don't try and hug Dr. Evans. I learned the hard way he doesn't like hugs so much.. anyways. Is there anything you wanna talk about Spencer?" He furrowed his eyebrows, giving Spencer a genuinely concerned look, looking up at him of course since he was a bit shorter.

Song of the moment: Grand Theft Autumn by Fall Out Boy
Muse: Goodish
Word Count: 408
Adrian Clark
Adrian Clark

Back to top Go down

Post by Spencer Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:00 pm

Spencer was slightly surprised as Adrian's arms wrapped around him in return, nuzzling comfortably into his neck. He had already learned the guy wasn't impartial to hugs. Spencer was rarely this huggy and open to others, but something about Adrian was trustworthy. He just seemed understanding, despite the episode that occurred earlier. He avoided thinking about the occurrence in the dining room moments earlier, he didn't like the confrontation. It just confused him. Adrian kind of confused him as well. We was violent, but he seemed caring and trustworthy, and generally understanding and... likeable. Violet, or blue? Blue was his absolute favorite color. Blue was sweet, caring, friendly, loveable and all Spencer's favorite characteristics of others. Violet was as close as you could get to blue, but still shared characteristics of other colors. Violet. Yea, Adrian was a violet from what he'd noticed so far. Spencer liked violets.

"It's fine. I'm perfectly fine with hugs. Hug me as much as you want." He noticed that Adrian still kept his arms wrapped around him. Spencer felt comfortable as well, a warmth that no blanket or warm shower could manufacture. He hadn't felt that warmth in forever.

Spencer smiled, "Ok." He liked hugging Adrian, he might just have to take him up on that offer. They finally disconnected the hug, Spencer slightly regretting they had done so. Instantly he longed for the warmth of Adrian and the feeling that accompanied it.

"I... don't usually talk to people I just met but you're cool. I know I'm not a therapist like Dr. Evans but lets just play pretend. Only.. don't try and hug Dr. Evans. I learned the hard way he doesn't like hugs so much.. anyways. Is there anything you wanna talk about Spencer?"

Spencer's face lit up in a smile, "Cool? Gosh, I Haven't been cool in forever." He giggled at the dr. Evans comment. He hadn't met Dr. Evans yet, but he assumed he might. He was quiet for a moment after Adrian asked if there was anything wrong. He was tempted at first, to spill all of his thoughts to the man he had just met less than an hour ago, all of his worries. In an instant, the thought of Victor's reaction to him telling Adrian was frightening, the impending rage of the grey man was frightening.

"I don't want to talk about it," He mumbled, glancing back at his bandaged palms. If Spencer told Adrian, Victor would never let him hear the last of it. "Actually, I kind of want to see this place, if you still want to show me around."

Word Count: 436
Side Notes: Spendian <3
Spencer
Spencer

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Clark Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:12 pm

Adrian smiled a big goofy smile. “Well you’re cool now.” Hearing Spencer laugh made Adrian smile, he was happy he made Spencer laugh to be honest. Knowing that he made Spencer happy just made him feel nice. The silence afterwards however was uncomfortable. He could sort of understand why Spencer was reluctant to spill, Adrian didn’t like talking about things either, people usually just call him crazy when he says demons want him.
“That’s fine you don’t have to talk… just, if you ever NEED to talk feel free to talk to me.” He gave a compassionate smile. He wasn’t sure if Spencer was depressed or anything, but he did know that if he was depressed saying something of that sort would make him feel better. A lot of time depressed people like knowing there is someone to talk to, someone that cares about their problems. Wow maybe if Adrian gets out of this hell hole he’ll become a therapist. He scrunched him his nose, he couldn’t ever do that actually, it would just end badly, and he didn’t like dealing with crazy people anyways. A reason why he hates this place. Crazy people. Everywhere.
“You can come with me to the stable, I wanna show you my horse Castiel.” He sort of instinctively grabbed Spencers hand, jumping off the bunk and bringing the guy with him. He didn’t hold his hand in a really romantic way (although its more than obvious by now Adrian’s developed a little crush on Spencer) but more in a platonic, friendly way.
He lead Spencer out the door, into the hallway. It was only seven so they had plenty of time to look around at stuff. “Castiel is really nice, maybe you can ride him.. if you know how. I mean if you don’t that’s fine.. maybe you could just ride behind me or something.” He smiled sideways at Spencer, still holding his hand. “Maybe later if you like horses we can talk to Dr. Evans about getting you a horse… we have plenty.” It was truly strange that Adrian was talking so much. He barely said a word to anyone besides the staff before Spencer came. He was more than sure Dr. Evans would notice and say something about it. He clenched his teeth, he hated that. Dr. Evans noticed everything and he hated it.

Song of the moment: My Favorite Accident by Motion City Soundtrack
Word Count: 392
Adrian Clark
Adrian Clark

Back to top Go down

Post by Spencer Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:46 pm

Spencer was relieved and frightened as they began their walk back to their room. The bigger security man lead them with his small flashlight, opening the door to the stables and emerging into the dark night on the outside. Why did Spencer ever let Adrian let him agree to this? He was slightly more calm than he may have been, the fact that Adrian was clutching tightly to him was helpful. The shorter man’s contact seemed to calm him.  Yet, nothing would calm him completely with being in the dark. Spencer took in a breath, and took an awkward step forward, legs shaky with anxiety. The fact that Adrian clinged to Spencer did not help with his steadiness. He began walking as fast as he possibly could with Adrian holding on to him in such a way.

They were soon completely enveloped in darkness, just a few steps out from the stables, and Spencer’s heartbeat sped up in fear. Victor could be just around him, behind a bush a tree, or a building. His mind began to over think his already increased anxiety. Or he could be right behind him. A tingle of fear creep up his spine, and he cast a glance behind him to make sure he was at least slightly saver.

Suddenly, Adrian’s steps became more and more clumsy, as if the man had closed his eyes. Not wanting to slow down to check, Spencer continued walking towards the door. They were nearly there, but that didn’t mean Victor wasn’t out there.  A small whine reached Spencer’s ears, making him jump and his heartbeat increase. After a moment, he realized that the whine was from Adrian. He proceeded to walk faster, and at long last, they reached the door.

“Need an escort to your rooms or you two think you can handle it without a breakdown?” The burly security guard who had escorted them spoke. In an instant, Adrian unlatched his hold on Spencer and approached the security guard.

"We'll be fine thank you. We aren't children, we don't cry over spilled milk. I have serious problems that are a matter of life or death and if you saw half the things I saw you wouldn't dare call me crazy or say I'm over reacting."

Spencer looked at Adrian somewhat in disbelief and slight entertainment. Yea, what the security guard had said could be taken sarcastically, but Adrian’s remark made it seem that the man was against them. Maybe he was? Either way it was slightly entertaining. Spencer was aware of a grip on his wrist and saw Adrian pulling him into their room. Upon entering the room he closed the door behind him. Thankfully, the light was still on.

“That was scary,” Spencer breathed, catching his breath from the escapade. He stood at the door, examining the room fist. Desk. Lamp. Bunk beds. Nope, no danger. The man slightly relaxed, staying at the door for a second. His back ached dully. The taller man slid down the wall and took a seat at the floor, looking up at Adrian, “Let’s never do that again.”

Spencer looked down at his arms, covered in a multitude of tattoos. Adrian’s writing on his arm was still apparent, big bold letters ‘Sorry’. For some reason it brought a smile to his face, Adrian’s kindness.
“So…” Spencer mumbled awkwardly, unsure of what to say.”

Mentioned: Adrian, James, (Victor)
Word Count: 563
Side notes: merherher
Spencer
Spencer

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Clark Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:14 am

“That was scary,” Spencer said as he huffed and puffed. “Let’s never do that again.” Adrian just gave a nod in return to the guy and let go of him as he laid down flat on his back in the middle of the floor, covering up his recent drawing. "I agree. That was a terrible. Terrible mistake." He glanced over at Spencer sadly. "I'm sorry I put you in danger like that" he said softly. SOme demon or something could have hurt Spencer, they weren't JUST after Adrian. Adrian was just their main target. With a sudden burst of anger directly mainly at himself he lifted his head up swiftly only to bring it back down on the cold floor. It was so cold cause he removed the rug earlier, so it was just cold grey stone like stuff. "Dammit" he growled lowly, pulling himself to his feet and pacing around. "I'm such an idiot. I could have gotten us both killed." He weaved his fingers up through his black hair. "I promised you. I promised you and then I pulled you into the dark." He pulled aggressively at his own hair, continuing to pace.

"I'm sorry Spencer. So sorry... so sorry..." he loosened his grip and sighed. It was just a short break down thankfully. "I ruin everything" he said softly and walked over to the bunk bed, laying down on his bunk with his legs hanging over the side. "I wont do this again" he said triumphantly from the bed. "A promise is a promise" he sat up slowly and smiled at Spencer. "Do you wanna do anything?" he asked after a moment of silence. Halloween is next month, maybe we can find stuff to decorate the room with," he said as he looked around curiously. "Apparently long ago people would decorate their houses and were masks and stuff on halloween to scare away demons. They would put out candy as offerings for the demons too." He bit his bottom lip nervously and looked around carefully. Maybe if they decorated his room the demons would leave him a alone. "It's probably fake" he muttered softly though he believed it was real as it gets.

"But first," he began, standing up again. "I need to get into my PJS." The wardrobe was wide open so he just walked over and rummaged through until he found the skeleton kigurumi. He took a liking to the loose onsie type pjs so he just whore them when he slept every night. "Turn around" he said narrowing his eyes at Spencer. He was certainly not getting dress with Spencer watching, thats like stripping kinda. And so once the other guy was turned away Adrian pulls off his current clothes and through on the big pajamas. "Okay" he said merrily and flopped on the floor in front of Spencer.

Mentioned: Spencer, demons
Song of the moment: My Favorite Accident by Motion City Soundtrack
Muse: Baaaaaaad
Word Count: 478
Side Notes: Breakdown time
Adrian Clark
Adrian Clark

Back to top Go down

Post by Spencer Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:37 am

"I agree. That was a terrible. Terrible mistake." Spencer nodded in agreement.

"Let's just stay in when it gets dark, like around 7," Spencer suggested. He didn't want to risk that mistake once more. At home he'd usually stay in all day. Outside was dangerous. He felt more vulnerable outside.

"I'm sorry I put you in danger like that," Adrian muttered. Spencer shrugged it wasn't his fault it got dark out.

Suddenly, Adrian grabbed his head and swiftly yanked it to the cold stone flooring with a thump. Spencer's eyes widened in shock at what Adrian had just done. His first instinct was to run up and hug the guy, but surprise kept him glued in place.

"Dammit," Adrian growled as he stood up and began pacing.

"A-are you okay?" Spencer asked, bringing himself to his feet as well. He took a step towards Adrian and stopped as the man continued to pace the cold floor.

"I'm such an idiot. I could have gotten us both killed. I promised you. I promised you and then I pulled you into the dark." Adrian murmured, running his fingers obsessively through his hair, still pacing. Spencer continued to stand, feeling torn between saying something or keeping his distance. Earlier Adrian had 'attacked' him, but he had also climbed under his covers and tenderly apologized. He just wasn't sure what to do.

"I'm sorry Spencer. So sorry... so sorry..." Adrian said, seeming to calm down slightly. He strode over to his bed and flopped upon it, legs draped over the side. "I ruin everything."

"No you don't," Spencer interjected, looking down at the 'sorry' written on his arm. He took a few steps towards the man until he was a few feet from him.

"I wont do this again, a promise is a promise," Adrian declared, and began to sit up slowly smiling at Spencer. Spencer smiled in return, seeing Adrian calming down was good. really good actually. Adrian being happy was something worth smiling for to Spencer.

"Do you wanna do anything? Halloween is next month, maybe we can find stuff to decorate the room with," Adrian asked.

Spencer's face lit up, " I love Halloween!" Spencer would always enjoy dressing up when he was smaller, and passing out candy. Lately, he would just pass out candy, his mother deeming it unacceptable for a 21 year old man to dress up for Halloween anymore. He still longed to dress up.

"Apparently long ago people would decorate their houses and were masks and stuff on Halloween to scare away demons. They would put out candy as offerings for the demons too," Adrian explained, "it's probably fake."

"That sounds so cool!" Spencer said, awestruck. He faintly remembered learning something like that at school, "Maybe we can do something like that for Halloween."

"But first, I need to get into my PJS." Adrian insisted, standing up and walking over to the wide open wardrobe. He rummaged through for a moment before pulling out a pair of black onsie pajamas.

"Turn around" Adrian insisted, eyes narrowed at Spencer. Spencer blushed slightly, realizing how uncomfortable it might be watching Adrian undress. He turned around and covered his eyes for extra measure. He could hear the sound of clothing rustling and a zipper, well, zipping. He wandered back to where his old spot was, by the door. He tripped once or twice, but steadied himself and sat down, still covering his eyes.

"Okay," Adrian said, flopping in front of him. Spencer uncovered his eyes and saw Adrian dressed in a black onsie with the bones of a skeleton painted on him where each bone would be. He smiled. Honestly, Adrian looked adorable in them, his jet black hair framing his pale face.

Spencer thought for a moment, remembering Adrian's plans for Halloween. "Maybe we can make garland like cut-out pumpkins and stuff...? Oh wait we can't have scissors...." Spencer trailed off in thought, then realized he should probably put on his own pajamas.

"I'm gonna put on pajamas," Spencer informed, getting to his feet and walked to his duffel at the foot of the bunk bed. he picked up the bag and rustled through it for a moment, looking for a shirt and pants suitable for pajamas. He pulled out a grey shirt and black sweatpants from his bag and returned his bag to it's original resting place.

"uh..." Spencer muttered, implying that Adrian should turn around so he could change. Once Adrian was turned around he changed into the clothes he had decided on and stuffed his dirty clothes into his bag. He didn't bother putting his shoes back on. He looked down on his scarred and scabbing arms and uncomfortably crossed them over his chest. Once finished he returned to his wall seat and gave Adrian a smile.

Mentioned: Adrian
Word Count: 800 exactly
Side notes: SPPPEENNDDIIAAANN We all know you wanted to see Aids in his undies Spencer
Spencer
Spencer

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Clark Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:30 am

Adrian watched Spencer's face light up in joy and he smiled softly at him, glad to see the guy as enthusiastic about Halloween as he was. "Maybe we can do something like that for Halloween," Spencer had said and Adrian nodded in agreement. "I can probably get a glow and the dark marker from somewhere so when we turn out the lights our walls can glow. And maybe we can cut out sheets and we can dress up as ghosts." He smiled in amusement and even let out a soft laugh. "Man, Dr. Evans would fucking kill us" he had a mischievous glimmer to his eye. "I am all for pissing off that tight ass therapist. He thinks he knows everything" the patient gave out a snort. "He's such a fucking stoner, spewing shit about how I need help, help that he can't give unless I talk to him." It was probably more than obvious Adrian wasn't to keen to talking to Dr. Evans about his feelings. "I mean really, I'm sure he's not THAT bad of a guy and its apparent that he cares, but he doesn't display it right. He keeps implying I'm crazy when I'm not."

"Maybe we can make garland like cut-out pumpkins and stuff...? Oh wait we can't have scissors...." Adrian laughed at Spencers realization. "Well, just cause we CANT have scissors doesn't mean I'm not gonna have them anyways. We could probably snatch them from someone's office." They were gonna get in so much trouble doing this, to bad Adrian had ran out of cares to give about this stupid place. If he could he would have broken out by now. "We have plenty of time till Halloween to prepare, and if we cant get a hand on some scissors maybe we could find something else that could work?" Adrian sighed softly. It was kinda annoying they couldn't even celebrate a decent Halloween here. "I haven't actually had Halloween in 2 years" he whispered mostly to himself. "2 fucking years without Halloween. How did I even survive. I mean sure they gave us like 2 pieces of candy but that is NOT Halloween. One year they tried to decorate but then one of the patients lost his shit and they had to take it all down. Never happened again.

When Spencer implied he was getting dress and Adrian should turn around the guy did as he was told. He layed flat on his stomach and stuffed his head into his arms so he couldn't see Spencer, and didn't once look up no matter how tempting it could have been. Once he heard Spencer sit back down Adrian pulled himself to a sitting position again. His eyes glanced over Spencers arms which were crossed over his chest. Across them were various healing wounds that were hardly visible from the position but still faintly seeable. Being the ignorant boy he is that doesn't understand some people could be touchy about wounds or people touching them for that matter Adrian just reached out and grabbed Spencer's arm keeping his eyes fixed on the healing scars. "What happened?" he said bringing his eye up to meet Spencers, holding true concern. If someone hurt Spencer Adrian was sure he would beat them up. If a demon had hurt Spencer though, he would have to rethink that plan.

Song of the moment: Dance With The Devil by Breaking Benjamin
Muse: Alright
Word Count: 561
Side Notes: Adrian is a little touchy with his friends, sorry. He likes physical contact with his friends cause he doesn't have many and those he had in the past were often hallucinations that "abandoned" him so he touches as if to create a more strong bond?
Adrian Clark
Adrian Clark

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next