Nightmares & Daydreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome
Now come one, come all to this tragic affair----

Welcome to Nightmares & Daydreams. A modern day rp that takes place in a psychiatric hospital.

You were thrown in here for one reason or another. Dumped in this hellhole they call Daniel Grey Psychiatric Hospital, or actually more commonly known as the local loony bin of California. When you think "psychiatric hospital" or "mental institution" I'm sure the first thing you think are those scary asylums they have in the movies with bright white lights everywhere and people in straight jackets not talking to each other.

I guess in a way Daniel Grey is like that in the sense that a lot of the walls and floors here are a bright white. But there aren't any people in straight jackets and a lot of the people here talk to each other. Actually the patients here are friendly in most cases, save for the few that are anti-social beyond belief. And they can dress how they want,it's actually quite homey here so don't be afraid when you're dropped off for the first time.

Whether you be a normal human being who decided to work here at Daniel Grey as a therapist or security or an unstable patient you are welcome here, just remember. Lights out at 10 PM and DO NOT step out of your room past midnight.
Switch account
Switch Accounts

Time and Date
Monday

11:30 AM
Head Count
Therapists- 2
Mental Health Professionals- 1
Security- 1
Interns- 1
Rehabilitation Counselors- 1
Patients-11
Daniel Grey Staff

Dr. Evans
Dr. Carthur's Office room 103 Acrowpaw_by_nocterma-d72xvh5
Dr. Carthur
Dr. Carthur's Office room 103 10-48
James
Dr. Carthur's Office room 103 12-0
Vekpo
Dr. Carthur's Office room 103 15-47
Dr. Elizabeth

Killian

Season

Affiliates
Night of the Blood Moon

Word Counter
Word Length: 0

Dr. Carthur's Office room 103

2 posters

Go down

Dr. Carthur's Office room 103 Empty Dr. Carthur's Office room 103

Post by Dr. Carthur Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:13 pm

Dr. Carthur's Office room 103 Df74d845-75b2-4a56-8097-43371a7d31c7_zps97ce7f5f

Across the hall from Dr. Evan's Office, Dr. Carthur's door will always be half open for any who wish to visit her not during appointments. However, on her door is a list of the appointments that are for that week. If there is an appointment going on in that room, the door will be shut and locked. Other than that, she is open for visits during her office hours, and even has a contact information slip attached to her door as well. If an appointment is absent or can't make it, be sure to let her know, or she will find you and make sure you come to the next appointment.
Dr. Carthur
Dr. Carthur

Back to top Go down

Dr. Carthur's Office room 103 Empty Re: Dr. Carthur's Office room 103

Post by Charlie Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:09 pm

I'm not dead I only dress that way

I bought my enemies rope to hang me
And the knives to gang me
You can watch ‘em stab me on your television

The woman's smile was nice and comforting, so at least he wasn't gonna be with a mean lady. "Do you have an appointment?" The woman asked with a motion that told Charlie to sit. And so he sat. "Um.. no ma'm. Sorry, will that be a problem?" He shuffled his feet awkwardly before pulling them up into the chair with him, wrapping his arms around them. He felt more comfortable all cramped up and small like this, perhaps cause this way it would be more difficult for anyone to cause physical pain to him.

As he heard the door shut he stiffened. To be honest, he didn't like this. He kinda figured the door shutting to to ensure privacy but he didn't like it shut, being alone in a room with someone with the door shut gave them more of a chance to do something to him and it made him uneasy. "Now, what can I do you for?" She spoke calmly and all her actions were calming in a way but Charlie couldn't bring himself to trust her completely yet. "Um.." he started softly with a shrug and looking down at the floor, anywhere but looking at her in the eye. His mom had always scolded him when he looked her in the eye, then again a lot of what his mom told him was wrong.

"well.. I don't feel... safe," he admitted at last with a shrug. "First off, I have a room mate. Why? If any of you had at least looked at my application it would be easy to see I do not do well with people. Certainly sleeping with other people in my room. I mean this Ben guy seems nice but you know everyone seems nice, pedophiles seem nice, rapists sound nice, abusive mothers sound nice." His gaze hardened on the floor and he dug his nails into his jeans. He wasn't quite sure where he was going with this, he just wanted to complain to someone basically.

"Thats not the big problem though. Basically, I don't think I belong here in a mental institution. I"m not crazy, I promise. I mean I know probably everyone here says they're not but I really am not crazy... just a little emotionally unstable." He took a deep breath and shrugged again. "And the showers. I don't like them," he looked up at last, his eyes filled with concern. "I mean I'm not sure if you noticed but they don't have any doors on them... and last I checked shower time is the same for everyone which means.. well people can see me. I.. I'm not comfortable with that. It's not the whole.. naked thing itself that bothers me but.. well okay it sort of is but not for the reason you may think... I just.. I was wondering if maybe I could make an arrangement so I could maybe shower separately?"

Notes: Rambly post
Song of the Moment: Hang 'Em High by My Chemical Romance
Mentioned: Dr. Carthur
Wearing: Clicky
Word Count: 490

Last edited by Charlie on Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Charlie
Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Carthur Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:05 pm

So far, the doctors morning had gone quiet hectic, and since she had spent the whole night before organizing papers and files, she barely got much sleep. The only thing that kept her awake now was the current four cups of coffee she was already on. Sighing, she went through a long list of papers she had to sign. Writing her name in perfect black ink, she pushed her glasses up on her nose, and rubbed her temples. Not in any shape to even be at work, but knowing she had to be here anyways. The beeping of her watch went off and she clicked it off to take her set of pills for the day. Once downed, she soon became rather oblivious to the commotion just outside of her door. In fact, she didn't even notice the small knock at her door till a young male voice spoke her name.

Looking up from her papers, she eyed the boy from head to toe in one quick glance before ending up on his eyes. His choice in outfit wasn't in particular the best, but she wasn't going to comment. Her thin framed glasses hung a bit low on the bridge of her nose as she smiled. Dr. Carthur's smile was always warm and inviting to anyone that took notice, "Yes I am", she spoke firmly, "Do you have an appointment?" she asked, and motioned for the boy to sit in the couch since he looked a bit uneasy. Standing, she took her glasses off and set them down delicately on her desk, before walking around it. If the boy decided to take a seat, she would walk to the door and shut it, so that it was quiet, before settling herself down in the chair across from him. The ease of stride with which she was placed with on her shoulders made her aura overall welcome to talk. Her small recorder was set for obvious reasons, but more or less to make it feel one on one rather than her writing things down and him talking. Crossing her legs, she settled her hands to her knees and kept firm eye contact on the boy, "Now, what can I do you for?"
Dr. Carthur
Dr. Carthur

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:53 pm

The woman's smile was nice and comforting, so at least he wasn't gonna be with a mean lady. "Do you have an appointment?" The woman asked with a motion that told Charlie to sit. And so he sat. "Um.. no ma'm. Sorry, will that be a problem?" He shuffled his feet awkwardly before pulling them up into the chair with him, wrapping his arms around them. He felt more comfortable all cramped up and small like this, perhaps cause this way it would be more difficult for anyone to cause physical pain to him.

As he heard the door shut he stiffened. To be honest, he didn't like this. He kinda figured the door shutting to to ensure privacy but he didn't like it shut, being alone in a room with someone with the door shut gave them more of a chance to do something to him and it made him uneasy. "Now, what can I do you for?" She spoke calmly and all her actions were calming in a way but Charlie couldn't bring himself to trust her completely yet. "Um.." he started softly with a shrug and looking down at the floor, anywhere but looking at her in the eye. His mom had always scolded him when he looked her in the eye, then again a lot of what his mom told him was wrong.

"well.. I don't feel... safe," he admitted at last with a shrug. "First off, I have a room mate. Why? If any of you had at least looked at my application it would be easy to see I do not do well with people. Certainly sleeping with other people in my room. I mean this Ben guy seems nice but you know everyone seems nice, pedophiles seem nice, rapists sound nice, abusive mothers sound nice." His gaze hardened on the floor and he dug his nails into his jeans. He wasn't quite sure where he was going with this, he just wanted to complain to someone basically.

"Thats not the big problem though. Basically, I don't think I belong here in a mental institution. I"m not crazy, I promise. I mean I know probably everyone here says they're not but I really am not crazy... just a little emotionally unstable." He took a deep breath and shrugged again. "And the showers. I don't like them," he looked up at last, his eyes filled with concern. "I mean I'm not sure if you noticed but they don't have any doors on them... and last I checked shower time is the same for everyone which means.. well people can see me. I.. I'm not comfortable with that. It's not the whole.. naked thing itself that bothers me but.. well okay it sort of is but not for the reason you may think... I just.. I was wondering if maybe I could make an arrangement so I could maybe shower separately?"

Notes: Rambly post
Word Count: 490

Charlie
Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Carthur Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:06 pm

He was quite the rambler wasn’t he? Melissa thought, as she listened silently to him talk, soaking in every word, before standing silently. Going over towards her desk, she pulled a file out, his file, and indeed she knew she had seen his face and read his profile somewhere. Nodding, she left the file on her desk for later examination, and grabbed her coffee. She went to the water jug and poured a glass, only to return to Charlie, setting the clear glass of water on the coffee table in front of him, before taking a seat underneath her leg.

Once a sip of the cold coffee went down her throat did she speak, “I understand completely, and will see what I can do about the shower and roommate problem. Though, might I suggest you try and get to know your roommate? Perhaps have a one on one icebreaker with a controlled environment to make sure nothing happens to you. Does that sound reasonable?” she questioned, setting her cup down, and folding her legs in more. Her thoughts ventured to his many problems and the issues he’s been dealing with. Certainly it was a lot to handle for a boy like himself, but it also sounded like it was the perfect job for her to handle. Charlie also seemed like a logical boy but then again… she didn’t fully mention the fact that he was indeed in some case of the matter, problematic.

“But first… I have to question… what makes you feel comfortable Charlie, because I want you to feel comfortable and safe coming to talk to me whenever?”

There, the question was out, and now she just had to watch for his reaction, her own reaction was mildly calm. Tense on the inside if something happened and he decided to have a fit or two. However, as she listened to him, she also thought about how she was going to help him feel comfortable in this place. It was a risky business in itself to work here, now to get a kid to feel comfortable with their own problems and the situation they are in is the complete opposite.

Mentions: Charlie
Word Count: 361
Dr. Carthur
Dr. Carthur

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:52 pm

Charlie watched through narrowed hazel eyes as Dr. Carthur stood and pulled out what looked like a file. She read over it quickly before leaving it open on the desk and returning to Charlie, placing a water in front of him. He eyed it cautiously before reaching out one of his tattooed hands and pulling the cup to his mouth, taking a drink then placing it back on the table. "Thank you," he muttered softly.

“I understand completely, and will see what I can do about the shower and roommate problem. Though, might I suggest you try and get to know your roommate? Perhaps have a one on one icebreaker with a controlled environment to make sure nothing happens to you. Does that sound reasonable?” As she spoke Charlie nodded slowly, it didn't seem like that bad of an idea. "That sounds good," he said softly, messing with his lip ring. He was actually surprised they let him keep piercings in a mental institute.. well they had said it was a very laid back institute...

“But first… I have to question… what makes you feel comfortable Charlie, because I want you to feel comfortable and safe coming to talk to me whenever?” The next question she asked wasn't as easy to answer. Hardly anything made Charlie comfortable. He wasn't even comfortable in his own skin for Pete's sake. "Well.. I don't like the door being shut to be honest." He glanced back at the door then back at Dr. Carthur and shrugged. "It makes me nervous being alone with you with the door closed.. I mean nothing personal by that.. I just don't like it, people can be mean and untrustworthy." The young boy raked his brain for more things that made him comfortable. "Uh complete silence makes me uneasy too.. I don't know, music and stuff makes me calmer I guess." He scratched as his neck nervously, not sure if anything else would make him feel more comfortable. "To be honest I'm not sure what would make me comfortable. I guess I never feel comfortable? I always feel like I'm in danger.. that someone could hurt me."

Notes: Rambly post again
Word Count: 360

Charlie
Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Carthur Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:27 am

A large smile entered her features, as her voice lightened, “Good, I’ll see if I can arrange something with you and your roommate with Dr. Evans or myself”. She listened to him finish his words on her second question, and the way he spoke made her want to frown. Instead, she simply kept a monotone face, devoid of emotion. Only nodding when he had finished, and motioned with her hands to the door, “Feel free to come and go as you please, and if you want go ahead and open the door. I assure you I’m not here to harm you, merely listen” adding once again her smile. Leaning, she grabbed her coffee and took another sip, before continuing.

‘"To be honest I'm not sure what would make me comfortable. I guess I never feel comfortable? I always feel like I'm in danger.. that someone could hurt me."’

His words jumbled in her head, and she put her hand to her chin, pondering, “Nothing ever is truly comfortable my dear” she said softly, before pointing towards the small portable radio. “As far as music goes, when you come to visit me more often, which I hope you do, then you can come in and turn the radio on to a station of your choice. And sort of… make yourself at home”. Looking up at the clock, Melissa’s brows furrowed, thirty minutes till her next appointment. A troubled case, but she was pleased with her job.

Keeping the time in mind, the doctor turned back to Charlie, “Is there anything else Charlie that you would like to talk to me about? Unfortunately there is about thirty minutes until my next appointment shows up. In the meantime we will just talk about what you want to talk about while I listen, and set up for another meeting with me tomorrow, sound good?”
Dr. Carthur
Dr. Carthur

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:40 am

/
/

“Good, I’ll see if I can arrange something with you and your roommate with Dr. Evans or myself.” Charlie just nodded along as she spoke. “Feel free to come and go as you please, and if you want go ahead and open the door. I assure you I’m not here to harm you, merely listen,” Dr. Carthur said giving that same smile. As soon as she said he could open the door Charlie was on his feet and opening the door before taking his seat again. "Thank you" he said softly, managing a small sliver of a smile.

“Nothing ever is truly comfortable my dear” the doctor said and pointed at a radio. “As far as music goes, when you come to visit me more often, which I hope you do, then you can come in and turn the radio on to a station of your choice. And sort of… make yourself at home.” Charlie nodded happily. "Thank you ma'am that's very kinda.." little did she know Charlie's music was the loud kind. She probably wouldn't let him turn it up very loud but hey, music is music.

“Is there anything else Charlie that you would like to talk to me about? Unfortunately there is about thirty minutes until my next appointment shows up. In the meantime we will just talk about what you want to talk about while I listen, and set up for another meeting with me tomorrow, sound good?” Charlie shifted awkwardly and nodded. He didn't like talking about his problems. He knew he was fucked up, he didn't need to talk about them to feel even shittier. "I.. I don't know what to say" he said softly, clutching his legs tighter to his thin chest. "Thanks for talking to me by the way" he gave her another friendly smile. He wished he knew what to say, but he couldn't say anything without feeling like he was an attention seeker. 'I don't like touching people cause my mommy hurt me' oh how masculine. 'I am madly insecure about my body' or even 'I feel like I need to wear 3 shirts to feel comfortable.' They all just sound like he wants to complain. Things are so frustrating, in the end Charlie found himself just standing up and heading out the door. "Thank you again Dr. Carthur" he muttered before heading back to his room.
-Ben & Charlie's Room-

Song of the Moment: Underdog by You Me At Six
Word Count: 373

/
/
Charlie
Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content