Welcome
Now come one, come all to this tragic affair----

Welcome to Nightmares & Daydreams. A modern day rp that takes place in a psychiatric hospital.

You were thrown in here for one reason or another. Dumped in this hellhole they call Daniel Grey Psychiatric Hospital, or actually more commonly known as the local loony bin of California. When you think "psychiatric hospital" or "mental institution" I'm sure the first thing you think are those scary asylums they have in the movies with bright white lights everywhere and people in straight jackets not talking to each other.

I guess in a way Daniel Grey is like that in the sense that a lot of the walls and floors here are a bright white. But there aren't any people in straight jackets and a lot of the people here talk to each other. Actually the patients here are friendly in most cases, save for the few that are anti-social beyond belief. And they can dress how they want,it's actually quite homey here so don't be afraid when you're dropped off for the first time.

Whether you be a normal human being who decided to work here at Daniel Grey as a therapist or security or an unstable patient you are welcome here, just remember. Lights out at 10 PM and DO NOT step out of your room past midnight.
Switch account
Switch Accounts

Time and Date
Monday

11:30 AM
Head Count
Therapists- 2
Mental Health Professionals- 1
Security- 1
Interns- 1
Rehabilitation Counselors- 1
Patients-11
Daniel Grey Staff

Dr. Evans
Dr. Carthur
James
Vekpo

Dr. Elizabeth

Killian

Season

Affiliates
Night of the Blood Moon

Word Counter
Word Length: 0

Girls Dorm 1 {CASSIDY & PEYTON}

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Girls Dorm 1 {CASSIDY & PEYTON}

Post by Alexander Evans on Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:19 pm

Cassidy & Peyton
Because of Cassidy's violent past, the staff have agreed to keep her without a roommate for now. She is allowed to have visitors in her room (if of course they are of the same sex) but they cannot spend the night with her unless ensured Cassidy won't hurt them. Even just having someone in her room for a bit the staff have made sure to always have the security camera's on in her room. Besides he violent side, Cassidy seems friendly so the staff may consider giving her a room mate in the future.
UPDATED: One of our new arrivals Peyton will be rooming with Cassidy as we feel she can be trusted now.
Alexander Evans
Admin

View user profile http://nightmares-and-daydr.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Girls Dorm 1 {CASSIDY & PEYTON}

Post by Cassidy on Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:38 pm

Cassidy Leigh Waterson

Cassidy only half listened when Dr. Evans gave her a short speech about the importance of friendship.  He didn't sound very enthusiastic about it anyway.  She was startled by the sharp tone that bellowed from the doctor's pocket indicating a call.  She stood idly as he answered it.  She awkwardly tried to not pay attention to the phone call but judging by Dr. Evan's occasional side glance in her direction, it was about her.

"Why?"

Cassidy looked around nervously as Dr. Evans thanked the caller at the other end and hung up.

"Right this way, follow me,"

Cassidy fell into step behind Dr. Evans but was itching to ask about Tue phone call.  She didn't and they walked in silence, the tension in the air almost tangible.  

"I think it would be to your best interest to know you've just recently been given a roommate. I haven't been given details yet though I expect Edgar... he's an intern here.. to contact me again soon to give me details. I'm sure you two will get along fine."

This news was the best she had gotten in a long time.  She wasn't particularly excited about having her own room so a roommate was great news.

"Have you made any friends yet?  I know it might be hard to become friends with some patients here as they could be shy or even reluctant to engage in such social activities but if you give it time someone might open to you.  I don't even think some of the patients even like me.  No one likes to talk about their problems though. They make me pry them out which most patients don't enjoy."

Cassidy thought about it before answering with an earnest "Adrian and Spencer are nice."  She was careful not to use the word 'friend' as that was a special word reserved for those she knew she could trust.  As far as she was concerned, she had no friends.

Cassidy came to a hault and watched Dr. Evans pull out a key and unlock the door to what she assumed was to be her room.

"Your room will be unlocked at all times from this point on. It had been unoccupied for a while so we had it locked."

She wasn't surprised that she wasn't allowed to lock her door.  It was just one of those simple luxuries you lose after you kill your step-dad.  She was lucky she wasn't facing a life sentence in jail.  Dr. Evan's phone rang once more and she watched him answer it.

"Okay Edgar, you're on speaker so Cassidy can hear you and I dont have to repeat information to her."

Cassidy leaned in slightly so she could hear what the intern had to say.

"Okay, Her name is Peyton Johanen. From what I can tell she seems... Violent at times I guess. Her application says she has a sort of alter ego, but not multiple personality syndrome. Other than that she seems pleasant. Just.. stay on her good side and be gentle and careful not to say anything to upset her."

In some odd way, Peyton's flaws seemed to bounce right off of Cassie.  The only thing that seemed to matter was that Edgar described her as seemingly pleasant and that was good enough for Cass.  Dr. Evans thanked him again and hung up.

"I'm sorry Cassidy but I fear this roommate may not but very good with you, I'm going to look into giving you a different roommate or maybe even not any at all. Sorry to be so harsh, but I don't wanna sugar coat anything. You have a violent past, and I dont think someone who can tend to also be violent should be with you in a room for long periods of time."

Cassidy struggled to keep her jaw from hanging open.  Take away her roommate?  "W-what? Why?" She croaked weakly.  She was afraid that if they took away this roommate that she'd end up alone and she didn't want that.  "Please don't.  She sounds great. And anyway...  It was Phoebe's fault."  She finished quietly, letting her voice taper into a whisper.

Mood: Cassidy -> (┛ò__ó)┛︵ /(.O. \) <- Dr. Evans

Wearing: Loose black t-shirt and skinny jeans
Biography: http://nightmares-and-daydr.forumotion.com/t40-cassidy-leigh-waterson
Word Count:689
Side Note: Sorry about the awkward format.  Coding is not my friend and I'm working on it now.^^

Cassidy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Evans on Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:50 pm

"Adrian and Spencer are nice," the patient said which made Alexander raise his eyebrows in return. "Really?" he said in sort of disbelief. It seemed Adrian was sort of coming out of his shell more, starting to talk more which maybe could clear his head more and help him stop writing on everything. "Thats good" he said with a pleased smile. "Adrian hasn't ever really socialized with anyone, he's had 3 friends in the last 2 years and they've all been his roommates." He pulled out a little note pad from his seemingly endless pockets (like all guy pockets seem to be) and scribbled down something. Before turning his attention back to Cassidy. "Sorry to get so excited, this could be a sign of major improvement." He smiled again before returning the book and pen to his pocket.

"W-what? Why?" he gave her a sympathetic look. "I'm sorry Cassidy I just don't think rooming with this person would do anything but cause destruction." He gave her the friendliest yet most sympathetic smile he could manage. "Please don't. She sounds great. And anyway... It was Phoebe's fault." He leaned in closer, interested by what she said. This could be a good thing actually, she opened up to him a bit. "I understand Cassidy but.." he sighed in defeat and shook his head. "Fine, she can stay but first sign of aggression and she's out. Now, why do you feel it was Phoebe's fault?" Dr. Evans knew well of Cassidy's past, Phoebe and her step-dad and everything that happened. But he hadn't heard the story from Cassidy herself. Its much easier to get in a patients mindset when you know more about them and their thinking process. "Were you not the one who cooled him?" he inquired with a subtle twist of his head. "If this is true, then wouldn't it in deed be your fault? I mean, no one is in control of you except for yourself, am I correct?" He kept the concerned expression on his features, because well.. he really was truly curious about Cassidy, concerned for her.

Wearing: Clicky
Song of The Moment: Summers in PA by The Wonder Years

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy on Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:55 pm

Cassidy Leigh Waterson

"I understand Cassidy but.."

Cassidy braced herself for the worst but was surprised to hear the doctor’s next words.  "Fine, she can stay but first sign of aggression and she's out.”   Woohoo! “Now, why do you feel it was Phoebe's fault?"  The question threw her off guard and it took a few moments before she could process what the doctor was asking.  "Were you not the one who killed him?"  She crossed her arms self-consciously and glanced around to make sure no one was within ear shot.  The truth of the matter was that she was more embarrassed about her past than remorseful.  "If this is true, then wouldn't it indeed be your fault? I mean, no one is in control of you except for yourself, am I correct?"  

No.  No Dr. Evans, you are not fucking correct.  As quickly as the thought entered her mind it was gone.  The thought was Phoebe’s also.  “It’s complicated…”  She said quietly, not wanting to elaborate, but the concerned look on Dr. Evan’s face hinted that she would have to.  “um… after my sister died, she was still alive… er- I could still see her.”  She was off to a bad start and her mind spinning as she recalled her sister’s death making her physically dizzy.  She leaned on the door frame and continued her recollection of her past.  “It was almost like I forgot she had died at all.  She’s the one who suggested that my step-dad could be dangerous and she’s the one who killed him.  I didn’t… But my mom thinks I did.”  She knew that her story wasn’t matching up with the evidence, but that was what happened.  She still didn’t quite understand her sister’s death or how Phoebe managed to plant the knife on her and disappear without a trace.   Maybe she’s still alive.  She thought to herself though she knew it wasn’t true.  

Trying to make sense of her past was an emotionally draining feat and suddenly she decided she was done talking.  She just stared dolefully at the floor for a minute, then up at Dr. Evans, and then back to the floor.  She felt like the doctor was expecting more from her but couldn’t recall anything more to tell.  Her memory had been swept clean and there was no reaching it.  She wouldn’t be able to tell him more if she wanted to.  Which she didn’t.  She was irrationally fed up with the doctor and his prying questions.   Who does he think he is?  Cassidy was much too perfect to be thinking down on others so she knew that the thought was Phoebe’s.  Still, she found herself eying the doctor up and down searching for physical weakness.  She abruptly stopped herself.   Why am I looking for physical weakness?   She asked herself, though she knew the answer.

Once a murderer, always a murderer.  She brought a palm to her forehead as pain pounded between her eyes making them water.  It was gone in an instant and she opened her eyes which she realized she had squeezed shut, and blinked away spots.  For a moment, she forgot where she was but she quickly remembered and dropped her hands to her sides.

Mood: Confused, tired, depressed, homicidal

Biography: http://nightmares-and-daydr.forumotion.com/t40-cassidy-leigh-waterson
Word Count:563
Side Note:

Cassidy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Evans on Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:16 pm

The eerie and and absolute silence the filled the air made the doctor feel slightly awkward. He had perhaps pressed on the subject of Phoebe and Cassidy's family and tragic past but it was his job as a therapist to know whats up with his patients. “It’s complicated…” the young patient said in a hardly audible tone. “Um… after my sister died, she was still alive… er- I could still see her.” He nodded slowly with a soft "I see," in reply to her. It had crossed his mind when he read her application that she might have schizophrenia and this deepened his suspicions. Hallucination and little emotional intelegence was really all he needed to know, it seemed highly likely she was schizophrenic, sure she didn't seen to have disorganized thinking like some other but she did seem schizophrenic other than that. There was also the possibility of her having delirium.

“It was almost like I forgot she had died at all. She’s the one who suggested that my step-dad could be dangerous and she’s the one who killed him. I didn’t… But my mom thinks I did.” Dr. Evan's narrowed his eyes and made a soft "hm" noise. This showed evidence to delirium, if she had forgotten that her sister was even dead it could mean when her delirium began she had memory loss, which is common in patients suffering from the disorder. Trauma was also a possibility but he decided to go more on the past of questioning her about her memory. "So Cassidy, do you remember much before Phoebe died? And another question, you talk like you know Phoebe is dead, is that just what someone told you and you believe them or do you think she is truly.. actually alive? Don't lie... it's not like we can send you into a mental institution. You're already in one so no need to keep secrets from me."

She seemed to sort of go quiet and Alexander sighed. "Cassidy, I need you to answer me. I know it might make you dizzy," he said that to sort of hint for her to agree with him that she was dizzy or confused. If she was indeed either of the two it was another sign of delirium. At this point Dr. Evans was almost completely sure she had delirium and perhaps schizophrenia to. Her short attention span in this conversation and the way she seemed to be getting bored or maybe even having problems concentrating on the concert (again, Dr. Evans wasn't sure exactly if she was having problems with any of the listed, just educated guesses assuming she is suffering from delirium.

He stroked his face as he sort of got sucked into his thought. Now that he was thinking about it she showed a lot of symptoms in delirium, more then with schizophrenia. She seemed to certainly have emotional changes, becoming more violent and angry. He could maybe even said irritable if she wasn't so nice most the time. He narrowed his eyes more. Cassidy surely was a hard case to crack on what her illness was. He was positive he would find out in time though.

Song of The Moment: None

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy on Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:57 pm

"So Cassidy, do you remember much before Phoebe died? And another question, you talk like you know Phoebe is dead, is that just what someone told you and you believe them or do you think she is truly.. actually alive? Don't lie... it's not like we can send you into a mental institution. You're already in one so no need to keep secrets from me."

Cassidy narrowed her eyes at the hint of mockery that played through his voice. She wasn't sure if she imagined it or not, but either way she was qickly growing tired of the conversation. She kept up her teeny ounce of rebellion and kept her mouth shut.

"Cassidy, I need you to answer me. I know it might make you dizzy." She met Dr. Evan's eyes suspiciously. What was he, a mind reader? The harsh tone the doctor used made Cassie crack and she started up again. "I can remember." She said quietly though she questioned if that was the whole truth. She didn't ever really try to remember much of what happened before her sister's death and wasn't absolutely sure if she could reach any past memories if she tried. Her past seemed to be divided by 'before Phoebe's death' and 'after Phoebe's death. Her eyes absently trailed up the walls of the wide hallway as she avoided Dr. Evan's eyes. "Phoebe's dead." She parroted absently as she began to count the tiles on the ceiling to keep herself occupied. "I don't think she is alive." She was just telling the doctor what he wanted to hear and she was unsure if he would accept her feeble answers. Nevertheless, she was growing tiresome of the doctor's seemingly endless prying questions. She just hoped her empty and vague answers would convince the doctor that she was sane enough for a roommate. Personally she wasn't sure if she was sane. Some of the other patients she had over heard earlier swore they weren't crazy. They were defensive and raged and indeed, appeared to be crazy. It was actually pretty unnerving to watch. It wasn't her job to label people as 'sane' and 'insane' but compared to some of the other residents, she found herself quite capable. She pulled herself out of thought and was suddenly aware that she had fallen silent for some time. She wasn't sure if Dr. Evans had asked her another question or spoken but before she could rethink it, she opened her mouth again. "Can I still have my roommate?" She asked a little louder than first anticipated. She tried to make herself look as innocent and harmless as possible though she doubted the doctor could ever be persuaded by anything other than cold hard facts.

Word count: 454
Side note: sorry it took so long to post. I've been shopping for colleges and fighting a cold this week.
Cassidy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Evans on Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:38 am

As they locked eyes momentarily Dr. Evans didn't even bother with the fake smile shit. He found it ridiculous when people give that fakey smile just to make patients feel "comfortable." Usually Dr. Evans just found it uncomfortable and staged, less natural. After all, his method was to build of their trust sincerely and make his way into maybe even a 'friendship.' And well, meeting random people on the streets or in cafes he wanted to befriend he did not just smile like a big goof at them. Instead the therapist just held her gaze steadily, careful not to show emotion in eyes, not narrowing them or widening them in a happy way, just keeping them in a normal fashion.

"I can remember." Alexander nodded his head. "Thats good" which really it just frustrated him, if she remembered that could change his suspicions on her disorder completely as a main syndrome of delirium is amnesia. "Phoebe's dead." He was careful not to eye her suspiciously, suspicion can make some patients uneasy. "Mhm" he said simply, giving a small (completely not fakey) smile. "I'm sorry about that I guess. I mean I dont know your relationship with your sister but I'm sure her death impacted you in some way?"

Alexander's strategy here is to say statements with a sound to them that implies he's almost asking a question. Sometimes if he's lucky a patient is quick to correct him if he got the entire story wrong.

There was sort of a long silence after that and Alexander guessed she was done talking. "Okay Cassidy, I wont press at these matters any longer then needed. I am sorry if I made you uncomfortable or uneasy in any way, or if I dug up long abandoned memories. It is simply my job."

"Can I still have my roommate?" He gave that same sincere small smile and managed a soft laugh. "Of course Cassidy, I guess it wont hurt to give it a shot. You deserve a room mate until you show signs of being violent again." He looked around then glanced at his watch. It was getting sort of late, and he admitted he was confused on where Peyton might be. "I don't know where your roommate is. I could go find her if you want or if you'd prefer I can just sit and talk with you wail we wait for her to return?" He paused before rubbing gently at his neck. "Or of course I could just leave you on your own if you prefer solitude, I dont know much about you to be honest Cassidy. You're a difficult puzzle... it makes me curious."

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy on Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:52 am

Cassidy Leigh Waterson

"Of course Cassidy, I guess it wont hurt to give it a shot. You deserve a room mate until you show signs of being violent again."  Cassie was about to object to ever being violent (as Phoebe was violent and not herself) but just smiled and nodded at the doctor's words.  

"I don't know where your roommate is. I could go find her if you want or if you'd prefer I can just sit and talk with you while we wait for her to return?  Or of course I could just leave you on your own if you prefer solitude, I dont know much about you to be honest Cassidy. You're a difficult puzzle... it makes me curious."  Cassidy didn't like being talked to like she was some science project.  Who would?  She was confident that she wasn't a very 'difficult puzzle.'  She was a perfectly average puzzle.  She wasn't doubting Dr. Evans' ability as a therapist but she felt that he was overestimating her by a long shot.  She was nothing special.

"You don't have to stay here with me."  She said quickly, both for her own sanity and out of pity for Dr. Evans.  He was a doctor.  He probably had better things to do than sit with a messed up girl or run petty errands for her such as fetching her roommate.  Then again, that was more or less in his job description.  She really couldn't wait to meet her roommate.  She had extremely high expectations for Peyton and was more than likely setting her hopes too high.  They don't send perfectly lovely girls to mental hospitals after all.  "I'll.... go unpack."  She wasn't about to ask Dr. Evans to do anything for her but she hoped he would take the hint and find her dear roommate for her.

She ducked inside her new room to find her bags laying on the floor by one of the beds.  She made herself look busy, unzipping and opening the bright pink bag until she was confident that the Doctor Had left.  She then proceeded to legitimately unpack her things.  She was unsure why she felt uncomfortable with him seeing what little belongings she had, she only knew that she was.
Mood: Excited

Word Count:372
Side Note: Sometimes I get so caught up in reading about Adrian and Spencer, I forget to post as my own characters.  #isthatwierd?

Cassidy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peyton Johanen on Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:31 pm

The small brown duffel hung from the girls shoulder, as she made her way down the halls. Bottom lip still being chewed on, and the sketch book irritatingly burning into her hands like fresh wax. To be honest, Peyton rather despised one little tiny mistake on her works, and focused on that, that tiny dot where the pencil had snapped. Usually when something like that happened, she herself snapped and threw things and caused havoc, yet never ripping the work with the problem. Seemingly it was as if it was always going to be a reminder to her, in keeping and preserving the mistake. So whenever she would actually talk about such a thing, the girl would always start with “This was the one where I put the Blue a millimeter too close to the brown”. Always talking down about her works than actually admiring them. It was a reminder of the mistake as well as the memory.
So most of the things inside her duffel were the endlessly filled sketch pads, a few pairs of clothing and shoes, along with a brush, and make up. Besides painting and sketching, Peyton really liked make up, and loved to try new things with it. Like today for example, she went with a simple black lined wing for eyeliner and taupe colored eye shadow. The very idea of make-up fascinated her, and so the duffel was heavily filled with hobbies rather than necessities.
Once to the door, she knocked lightly, noticing it being slightly ajar, and slowly pushed it open. “Hello?” she questioned curiously to the two people inside her room. First the blue eyes locked on the one known as her roommate, and an older man. Gulping slightly, she faintly created a smile on her face, “Uhm… you must be my roommate?” at that, and to get rid of the awkward and slightly uncomfortable close quarters, she held out her left hand, and then pulled it back fast. “I’m sorry, wrong hand, and sorry about the lead smudges” she said replacing it with the right hand instead, while showing her reason for the lead smudges by holding up the sketch pad.
When introductions had finished, the girl just stood awkwardly, not really knowing what to say or do, and frankly felt extremely confined in the small space with too many people. The roommate in herself was enough, and with the older male, she assumed as a doctor, it made it even more uncomfortable for Peyton.
Peyton Johanen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Evans on Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:06 am

Doctor Evans had perched himself lightly against the door frame and when Cassidy said he could go he straightened up his back. He gave a finaly glance around the room, taking everything in from the array of books to the king sized bed and the windows. Alexander lingered on the windows only a second longer that let in a pale moonlight, the only light source besides the light. He was concerned only breifly about the window before deciding it was heavy gorilla glass and he doubted either of the girls would be able to break it. IT was actually a very nice room with lots to do. Sure there weren't any game systems or tvs in the room but plenty of books and maybe for Christmas he could buy the girls a card game or something to keep them busy. Being in a mental institution can be quite and drag.

Just as he was about to leave another girl entered. He could only assume that this was Peyton and she seemed nice enough. Her hair was platinum blonde and she was actually quite innocent looking at first glance but Alexander was away of the little details. Gauged ears and piercings with darker makeup, it gave her a more edgy look even despite her fragile look."You must be Peyton" he said with a friendly smile.

As she held out a hand but quickly retreieved it he saw the lead smudges and then as she apologized and held up s sketch pad you nodded. "I'm Dr. Evans," he added in, introducing himself. "And I believe I should get going. Remember girls, any signs of aggression or violence from either of you and I'll be moving you to separate rooms instantly." He glanced around the room before adding, "and if you want I could make arrangements tomorrow to get you two separate beds." He gave a final smile to each of them before stepping out the door, shutting it behind him after reminding them lights out at at least 10.

After that Dr. Evans just made his way back to his room. He had no other reason to go back to his office as it was late and he had no other appointments scheduled so he would relax for maybe an hour before maybe going with a security guard to walk around the institute and make sure everyone is in their rooms.  
-Dr. Evans' room-

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy on Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:55 pm

Cassidy watched as a new girl entered the room. She didn't introduce herself as Peyton but that was alright as she knew who she was. She took the offered hand in a gentle grasp and shook it once. "Cassidy." She chirped as an introduction as she was unsure if she knew her name or not. She smiled as doctor Evans closed the door on his way out. With that she proceeded with unpacking, loading her clothes in the bottom half of the dresser. "So you like to draw?" She asked idly after the intimidating silence became too much to bear. She reached into her bag and pulled a slightly crumpled poster out of it. She smoothed it out as best as she could on the floor before positioning it on the wall over the dresser to see how it looked. She had nothing to hang it with and would have to ask for assistance from a staff member in the morning but she wanted to find a good spot for it. With one hand on the top of the poster she stepped back a little to look at it.

It was something her therapist had given to her after she lost her dad in the fire. It was a picture of a kitten hanging from a tree and the subtitle read "hang in there kitty!" It was supposed to be inspirational but she didn't really find it to be. She just thought the kitten was cute and it had a sort of sentimental value to her.

When she was alone in her room sometimes she would stand under the picture and urge the kitten to just.... let go. She promised that she would catch him and everything would be okay. That was a different time though. A different world. "How does it look?" She asked Peyton who probably had a better view of it. She tilted it a little in attempt to make it straight but it still looked a little crooked. "You don't mind the poster do you?" She asked without looking at her roommate. She had forgotten that the room was also half her's and had a say in the accessories that furnished the room.

Word count: 367
Cassidy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top