Welcome
Now come one, come all to this tragic affair----

Welcome to Nightmares & Daydreams. A modern day rp that takes place in a psychiatric hospital.

You were thrown in here for one reason or another. Dumped in this hellhole they call Daniel Grey Psychiatric Hospital, or actually more commonly known as the local loony bin of California. When you think "psychiatric hospital" or "mental institution" I'm sure the first thing you think are those scary asylums they have in the movies with bright white lights everywhere and people in straight jackets not talking to each other.

I guess in a way Daniel Grey is like that in the sense that a lot of the walls and floors here are a bright white. But there aren't any people in straight jackets and a lot of the people here talk to each other. Actually the patients here are friendly in most cases, save for the few that are anti-social beyond belief. And they can dress how they want,it's actually quite homey here so don't be afraid when you're dropped off for the first time.

Whether you be a normal human being who decided to work here at Daniel Grey as a therapist or security or an unstable patient you are welcome here, just remember. Lights out at 10 PM and DO NOT step out of your room past midnight.
Switch account
Switch Accounts

Time and Date
Monday

11:30 AM
Head Count
Therapists- 2
Mental Health Professionals- 1
Security- 1
Interns- 1
Rehabilitation Counselors- 1
Patients-11
Daniel Grey Staff

Dr. Evans
Dr. Carthur
James
Vekpo

Dr. Elizabeth

Killian

Season

Affiliates
Night of the Blood Moon

Word Counter
Word Length: 0

Main Stables

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Main Stables

Post by Alexander Evans on Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:55 pm

Main Stables
Contact a staff member (through PM) to get your horsie and stable.

First Row
Stable 1- {Dr. Evans} Max

Stable 2- {Adrian} Castiel

Stable 3- {Morrie} Countess

More to be added as we get more requests

Last edited by Dr. Evans on Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alexander Evans
Admin

View user profile http://nightmares-and-daydr.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Main Stables

Post by Cassidy on Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:57 pm

Cassidy browsed the courtyard until she came across a large barn.  Being new to the hospital, she’d never seen it before and figure she’d go take a look.  She always had loved horses.  Not in a seven year old girl kind of way but she always thought they were beautiful.  She pried open the door just enough to peek inside and was immediately welcomed by a chorus of sneezes and whinnies.  She wasn’t sure if she was allowed in the stable but what were they going to do? Kick her out?  Put her in solitary confinement?  For visiting?  She swiveled her head around to take a quick peek behind her before stepping inside and closing the door again.  

Immediately she was reminded of a simpler time.  Her mom and dad had taken her and Phoebe to the fair.  The two girls were too afraid to ride the big rides but they loved the horses.  They must have ridden the pony ride a dozen times.  That was before dad got sick.  She thought to herself but didn't remind herself of what she did after to impact her entire future.  It was Phoebe's fault.  She convinced herself once more.

She walked up the aisle of horses, each stall representing a color of the rainbow.  She stopped by a stall with the prettiest white horse in it.  Suddenly she was filled with a child-like joy.  She never realized how much she wanted a horse until seeing him.  She extended her hand dumbly out to him but the horse just stared at her blankly.  She stepped back to search for a name buy couldn't find anything written on the door.  She awkwardly stuck out her hand again, randomly clucking. “Come here baby.”  She offered but the horse just shook his mane in dismay and turned away to face the wall.  She pulled back, slightly discouraged, but continued to urge him closer.  “Come on Darling.  Lucky? George?”  She was just guessing now but the stubborn horse refused to even offer a glance.  “Throw me a bone here.”  She begged, once again reaching out to it.  The horse did not respond or even acknowledge her.  Frustrated and slightly offended, she gave up and pressed her back against the stall door and slid onto her bottom, straining her ears to listen to the steady breathing of the horse behind her.

Mentioned:
Addressed: the beautiful Castiel
Song of the moment: Sweater Weather by The Neighborhood
Muse: awkward
Word Count: 406
Side Notes
Cassidy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Clark on Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:47 pm

And all these demons keep me up all night
The dark haired male walked rather merrily across the yard. Being such a highclass institute the place had a huge yard, he was only in half of it. The half he was on was all fenced it (well all the yard is fenced in but this is fenced in different sections.) One section would be for some of the horse keepers to sort of test out new horses and make sure they’re safe for patients, another was for lessons and then the rest of the yard was used for riding. Adrian learned how to ride a horse a couple years back at the institute, Dr. Evans had actually taught him. Now he was sort of a pro because well Adrian had been here for  a while so he’s had lots of practice.

He glanced next to him, seeing Spencer and smiling softly, still clutching his hand and leading him to  the stables.  Spencer was handsome Adrian decided at last. From the canvas of tattoos on his pale skin to his brown puppy eyes and hair just ever so slightly curled over, he was cute.  That was only part of the charm. Spencer was also tall (a turn on for Adrian quite honestly, he liked tall guys which really most guys are taller than him seeing as he’s not as tall as he could be.) And well, Spencer was adorable in every aspect. Right down to the bone he had not done one thing that made Adrian dislike him. He was fragile, which was expected in a mental institution, and he was also really really friendly. Adrian had tried to kill him for Pete sake and he still forgave him.

At the memory of the fight in the lunch room he glanced at Spencer’s arm that still had the black marker reading “sorry” on it. He forgot to ask about the bruise or if he was alright or anything, and he still felt guilty. He slowly unhooked his fingers from Spencer’s hand to brush his finger’s tenderly over his spine, feeling for a bump or something… he wasn’t quite sure what he was looking for. He wasn’t a doctor, he just wanted to make sure Spencer was okay. “I hope I didn’t hurt you he said softly as he approached the barn.

The man would have continued speaking if he had not been distracted by a young girl talking to Cas. He smiled softly see Castiel’s stubbornness towards her, refusing to go near her as she guessed his name.  He reached back down to grab Spencer’s hand and pulled him over to The stable near the girl who just sat down. “His name’s Castiel,” he said softly, whistling a little to call his speckled white steed over to him. Once Cas had his head stilling over the door he reached up and pet the side of his face gently.
He dropped Spencer’s hand and leaned against Castiel’s stall. “I could bring him out and let you pet him if you want.. me and Spencer were gonna ride him but I guess that can wait.” He glanced at Spencer apologetically before resuming petting Castiel.

Mentioned: Spencer, Cassidy
Song of the moment: My Favorite Accident by Motion City Soundtrack
Muse: Good
Wearing: Clicky
Word Count: 552
Side Notes: Weee

Adrian Clark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy on Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:30 am

“His name’s Castiel,”

Cassidy nearly jumped out of her skin at the sound of the man's voice.  She hadn't met any patients here so she didn't quite know what to expect.  The guy seemed friendly enough, though his attire was a little 'edgy.'  She teetered to her feet carefully and brushed the dirt off her blue jeans.  Balancing on her tip toes, (a little habit acquired from being so short) she held out her hand for him to shake.  "I'm Cassidy."  She breathed, plastering a too big smile on her face.

“I could bring him out and let you pet him if you want.. me and Spencer were gonna ride him but I guess that can wait.”

The man's straight forward and eager attitude threw her off guard a little and she felt awkward and outcast. "You don't have to..." Her pathetic excuse of an objection was purely a formality and a pathetic one at that as she was already reaching out to stroke the two-toned brute with her hand.  It felt childish to take pleasure in such a thing so she pulled back shortly after make contact with Castiel's neck.

It was too quiet in the stable and she felt the urge to take out her iPod so she could listen to her music but that could come across as rude so she decided against it.  "I'm Cass-shit I already said that...."  she whispered the last part under her breath and picked up the ball while it was still rolling.  "I'm.... new here.  I just started today..."  she felt out of place and inched backwards uncomfortably.  She balled her hands into fists that she hid behind her back.  This action wasn't out of rage or fear, but simply tensing her muscles Changing the subject, she pointed to Castiel. "Beautiful horse by the way." She commented, taking the opportunity to switch her gaze toward the horse rather than holding eye contact with Mr. Emo Hair.  She hated looking people in the eye.  It's just too invasive and personal.  She was much more comfortable with her eyes on Castiel who did not have the ability to judge, let alone the will to.

Addressed: Adrian and Spencer
Song of the moment: All Around Me - Flyleaf
Word Count: 366
Side Notes: Der-hur
Cassidy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Clark on Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:50 am

tag: Cassidy & Spencer

And after all this time that you still owe You're still the good-for-nothing I don't know So take your gloves and get out, Better get out While you can. When you go Would you even turn to say,

"I don't love you like I did Yesterday"

Adrian watched the girl with dull interest. Honestly, Adrian didn't know why but she wasn't really picking his interest. Really only her awfully bright hair was making him stare. As she held out her hand he eyed it wearily. He didn't trust touching, unless it was Spencer cause Spencer was cool. But would he give a wrong impression if he didn't shake her hand? He sighed softly and shrugged, just sort of waving awkwardly with his free hand as a friendly hello while still not touching her. "I'm Adrian," the dark haired man said softly, prying his eyes away from her obnoxiously bright hair.

"You don't have to..." Cassidy said awkwardly. It was kinda a lame effort at making it seem like she didn't adore Cas as she was stroking him already. Even if she had quickly pulled away from the speckled white horse. Cassidy was strange. She had strange hair and a strange name but hey, at least she was hot. WRONG. That would only be a plus to all this if Adrian actually liked girls. He laughed softly at himself and sort of pulled away from Spencer reluctantly to start opening Cas' stall.

"I'm Cass-shit I already said that...." Adrian's mouth stretched to the smallest smile at her absent minded comment. Maybe Fire Hair wasn't that bad. "I'm.... new here.  I just started today..." as Cassidy spoke again Adrian could see her shifting uncomfortably through the corner of his eye. He sort of felt bad for her, it always sucked to be abandoned by your family and be left in a place full of crazy people.

As he grabbed the bottom part of Cas' worn black harness and pulled him slowly out of the stall he eyed Cassidy again wearily. He still didn't trust her... well not that he trusted anyone. For now though he would be nice to her, he hadn't seen anyone around lately telling him that Cassidy was one of the bad guys so he assumed she was safe.

"Spencer is a new arrival," he mentioned at last. "I've been here for two years." He shrugged his shoulder non-nonchalantly as if it didn't matter, which really it didn't. Long ago Adrian had sort of just accepted the fact he was in a huge hospital (a very nice hospital but a hospital all the same) with a bunch of crazy people and people who think he's crazy.  Everyone was stupid and way less intelegent than him, even Dr. Evans who acted all high and mighty was an idiot, they knew nothing.

Aids got so caught up in his thoughts about how brilliant he is he sort of forgot what he was doing. It was a common thing, he ended up zoning out for a while and when he came back he was doing random things. Like right now he was sort of leaned on Castiel just staring blankly forward. "Um" he said softly and kinda awkward. "You can pet him if you want.. dont ride him though." He didn't like people riding Castiel unless it was himself. Well, Spencer was the exception. Spencer was the exception for a lot of things. Like talking, Adrian didn't like talking unless to Spencer. And snuggles, he liked Spencer's snuggles.  

Adrian Clark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy on Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:40 pm

"I'm Adrian. Spencer is a new arrival,"

This was the first time Cassidy really acknowledged the man standing next to Adrian whom she assumed was the 'Spencer' he had mentioned a few times. He gave him a curt nod and eyed the dark bruise on his face wearily. She wondered what had happened but didn't ask. She barely knew the guy and frankly, it was none of her business anyway.

"I've been here for two years. You can pet him if you want.. don't ride him though."

"That's alright, I don't know how." She said simply with a small shrug. She had no interest riding him anyway. She thought the novelty of a horse was far greater than the aspect of mounting and riding one. She just thought they were cute. "I should go actually. I have a lot of.... unpacking to do." She finished lamely, backing toward the door. "Nice meeting you both." She chirped before she reached the door and let herself out. Once she was out in the fresh air again she could finally breathe. Of course, she had no plans to go back to her room. It was too quiet there and there was so much to see. She wasn't exactly eager to 'make new friends' but her therapist said she really shouldn't lock herself up in her room all day. She just needed somewhere quiet to spend her free time that wasn't her room.

The birds chirped their pretty melodies as she crossed the courtyard, giving her something to focus on. It was empty outside, devoid of human life and dusk was settling upon the campus, tinting the buildings a grey blue. Dusk was her favorite time of day. She used to go out with her sister at dusk, strap on a pair of tennis shoes and just wander for hours. Once they walked until dawn, just aimlessly walking. This is what she did then. She walked circles around the buildings pretending she was a kid again with Phoebe at her side.

One has to rejoin reality though and she soon grew tired of remenessing and absent mindedly headed toward the library.

-The Library-

Word count: 359
Cassidy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spencer on Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:07 pm

(monster post time)
“That’s fine you don’t have to talk… just, if you ever NEED to talk feel free to talk to me.”

Spencer smiled slightly. It meant a lot that Adrian had said that, even the thought that there was someone to talk to, someone who would understand, made the stress of things lessen. Adrian seemed like that kind of friend you'd talk to, spill your thoughts to. Spencer wasn't sure f he had ever made friends with someone in such a short time. It felt like Spencer had known Adrian for a significant amount of time. He thought of a previous relationship with another person that was very close, his only real relationship before, as his mother would refer to it, "change". It was with a boy, little over his age. He was a nice fellow, responsible but had a certain air of rebelliousness. It lasted for 5 months. Shortly after the breakup Delilah was gone. He shook his head, trying to rid of the thoughts.

"You can come with me to the stable, I wanna show you my horse Castiel.”

Spencer smiled "Really? I've never seen a horse before, just on TV!" He was generally excited to see such a creature. Spencer hadn't seen most real animals besides the realm of Animal Planet on television. "I've always wanted to go to a zoo." His favorite show on Animal Planet was Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom. Watching the free lions and creatures made him hope that maybe he'd be that free one day, free of Victor, free of his 'friends'. Life without them seemed so impossible at times.

Spencer was somewhat caught off guard as Adrian grabbed his hand. If it were anyone but him he might've objected. Adrian's grasp was tender and friendly as he leapt off the bunk. Spencer followed as well, draping his feet off the edge and sliding his behind off the bed. His converse hid the ground, and he straightened his button down shirt. Adrian lead him down the hallway, still gripping his hand.

“Castiel is really nice, maybe you can ride him.. if you know how. I mean if you don’t that’s fine.. maybe you could just ride behind me or something.”

Spencer was awestruck, "Wow, that sounds awesome."

“Maybe later if you like horses we can talk to Dr. Evans about getting you a horse… we have plenty.”

Spencer was extremely excited, having his own horse to ride?! He recalled a special on Mutual of Omaha on the wild west in Arizona. He remembered the wild horses galloping freely across the wilderness, and that their numbers were shrinking. Oh, how he longed at times to be one of those horses. Spencer watched as Adrian lead him outside into the yard. The area was very large and grand, bright green grass and plants. The sky was beginning to fade to a dark purple and his heart thudded fearfully, it would be dark soon. He clenched his grip on Adrian's hand. Perhaps it wouldn’t be as scary outside with someone else. Spencer watched as they approached the stables, a bright yellow light illuminating the darkening area.He looked at Adrian as he looked at him as well, the fellow giving him a friendly smile. Spencer was excited to see a horse, a real, living horse, not some collection of pixels on a television screen, an actual breathing creature! He never thought this day would come.

Slightly disappointed as Adrian’s hands unhooked from his, he watched as Adrian felt his back for something. His back was still very sore from the fight earlier, Adrian’s soft touch slightly hurting his spine where he had made impact with the hard edge of the other table.

“I hope I didn’t hurt you,” Adrian spoke softly, and Spencer guess why he had felt his back. He recalled that moment when Adrian had knocked him to the ground, fear and anger in his eyes. He shook that dreadful memory away. They reached the barn at last.

The room was filled with horses, he could smell the scent of what he assumed was their food. The room was lit with bright yellow lights that illuminated every corner of the room. There were quite a few pens in the building, Spencer guessed that each one held a horse. The floor was strewn with hay. Spencer noticed that another person was in the stables, a younger looking woman with bright orange and red hair who was talking to what he assumed was where a horse was. She was quite small, Spencer felt as if he towered above her. He was instantly nervous by another’s presence. Other people always made him nervous, but he was still supremely excited at the idea of seeing a horse. He was relieved as Adrian grasped his hand once more, which calmed him down slightly, and lead him towards where the woman stood. He looked in the pens as they passed them, catching glimpses of horses as he came by

“His name’s Castiel,” Adrian spoke to the woman, and whistled as they arrived at the pen. He looked in the wooden shelter and was taken aback by the horse he saw.

It was very tall, taller that what he expected, and covered in a white coat speckled with black. He smiled, he never thought they would be so beautiful.

“I’m Cassidy,” he heard an unfamiliar voice say, which he assumed belonged to the woman. He’d known a Cassidy at his high school. She was quiet, and the only reason he knew her name was for that they sat near each other.

“I’m Adrian,” he heard his friend reply. He was half tempted to say his own name, but decided not to.

“He’s so pretty,” Spencer spoke, almost childlike in awe at the horse approached them. Adrian’s hand reached out to pet the side of the animal’s face. Spencer’s tattooed arm reached out to do the same, slightly cautious as he did so. His fingers tentatively touched the creature’s face, and he remarked on how soft it was.

“I could bring him out and let you pet him if you want. Me and Spencer were gonna ride him but I guess that can wait,” Adrian said. Spencer saw him look at him out of the corner of his eyes, but he was focused on petting the animal.

“You don’t have to..” Cassidy replied to Adrian’s words. He noticed another hand reach out to touch the horse, but quickly pull away after making contact with it. Silence ensued afterwards as he and Adrian petted the animal.

"I'm Cass-shit I already said that...." she whispered, causing a small smile to appear on Spencer’s face. He was guessing this young woman was a red, or perhaps a pink.

“I’m… new here. I just started today…” the woman explained. Spencer was kind of relieved he wasn’t the only newbie here today. He heard shuffling and looked at what the woman was doing. She had taken a few steps back from the horse and his her hands behind her. one of her hands came out from hiding behind her to point at Adrian’s horse.

"Spencer is a new arrival," Adrian replied "I've been here for two years."

Spencer nodded as if to assure the woman it was the truth.

“Beautiful horse by the way,” she said. Spencer couldn’t agree more, the horse was indeed gorgeous. He never thought they would be so pretty in real life.

"Um...You can pet him if you want.. don’t ride him though." Adrian offered awkwardly to the woman Cassidy.

"That's alright, I don't know how.” Cassidy answered “I should go actually. I have a lot of.... unpacking to do. Nice meeting you both.”

Spencer nodded slightly, and looked back at Castiel, resuming his momentary cease in petting him. He waited for Cassidy to leave before speaking to Adrian again.

“Castiel is really pretty,” he said, “I didn’t think horses looked anything like this!” His childlike excitement returned, like a small child seeing their first horse for the first time.

Mentioned: Adrian, Cassidy
Addressed: Adrian, Cassidy
Word Count: 1338 whew
Side notes: this post took so long *pants*

Spencer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Clark on Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:47 pm

Adrian had been sort of paying attention to Spencer while still talking to Cassidy. The way the taller guy acted around Castiel was cute to be honest, like a child reacting to seeing the outside world for the first time. "He's so pretty," Spencer had said softly which made Adrian glance back at him and smile in a friendly way.

Their conversation with Cassidy only last for a second to Adrian's relief, and him and Spencer could finally actually ride Castiel. “Castiel is really pretty,” Spencer said, “I didn’t think horses looked anything like this!” Adrian smiled a wide smile that stretched across his face. "I'm glad you like him. Adrian shifted, grabbing the reins from inside Cas' stall and hooking him up. Once Cas has reins on Aids led him over to a step stool type thing so he could hop up on him. Dr. Evan's would probably kill him if he saw him riding without a helmet but whatever.

He led Castiel slowly over to Spencer and let out his hand, letting Spencer take it so he could climb up behind Adrian. Once Spencer was on behind Adrian he decided to sort of direct him to make sure he doesn't fall off. "Okay, so you can grab my waist which would probably be more safe but if it makes you more comfortable you can hold onto my shoulders." He glanced back at him and gave a small smile of insurance. "Umm.. I'll first go slow so you can get used to it.. it's gonna bump a lot which is why he need to hold onto me. And as the horse walks it sort of sways so don't panic if you lean more to one side than the other. If later you're fine with running I can make Castiel speed up.. running is a late bumpier but in my opinion more fun. You do sway as much while running either.. its lots of fun. Just hold on tight, I promise you I wont let you fall off and get hurt."

Once Spencer had situated himself Adrian clicked his feet on Castiel's sides which started him at a slow pace. He led Castiel out of the barn, and was startled at the darkish blue haze that had fallen, it had gotten dark. This of course made him nervous, in about maybe an hour it would be pitch black and he did not want that. "Um.. it's getting kinda dark. Maybe we can just ride for a little bit then if you want come back out tomorrow?"

Mentioned: Dr. Evans, Cassidy, Spencer
Song of the moment: Nobody Puts Baby In The Corner by Fall Out Boy
Muse: Goodish
Word Count: 432
Side Notes: Doot

Adrian Clark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spencer on Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:03 pm

"I'm glad you like him."

Spencer nodded, more to himself than anything. He pulled his arm back from petting the animal as he saw Adrian reach for reins that hung inside the pen. Once the horse was hooked on, he observed Adrian lead Castiel out of the pen while holding the lead. The horse walked into the stables, swaying as it's hooves clopped loudly against the floor of the stables. It was dramatically larger than Adrian, and even though he had been looking at the horse before, he was truck with awe. He wondered what it would be like riding the creature. As if on cue, Adrian climbed up on to the horse. Once the man was on Castiel, he offered his hand to Spencer, which he eagerly grabbed, excited to ride the horse. Spencer, having seen Adrian climb on to the horse, swung his leg awkwardly on to the other side of the horse, slightly unsteady. Once he was on the horse, he heard Adrian speak.

"Okay, so you can grab my waist which would probably be more safe but if it makes you more comfortable you can hold onto my shoulders."

Spencer nodded, seeing Adrian glance back at him and smile. As awkward as it was, Spencer decided to hold on to Adrian's waist. He reached forwards and wrapped his arms around Adrian.

"Umm.. I'll first go slow so you can get used to it.. it's gonna bump a lot which is why he need to hold onto me. And as the horse walks it sort of sways so don't panic if you lean more to one side than the other. If later you're fine with running I can make Castiel speed up.. running is a late bumpier but in my opinion more fun. You do sway as much while running either.. its lots of fun. Just hold on tight, I promise you I wont let you fall off and get hurt."

"Okay," Spencer said, acknowledging Adrian's words, "Can you go slow at first?" Spencer was somewhat scared of moving fast on the animal, what if he fell off? But Adrian promised he wouldn't and he trusted Adrian. His heart thudded in mixed fear and excitement.

Suddenly, Castiel began to move forwards and Spencer wrapped tightly around Adrian, feeling the horse move and shift as they advanced. He heard the clopping of the hooves on the ground as the began towards the outdoors. As they emerged from the stable, cool night air hit the bare part of Spencer's arms. He suppressed a small shiver. The sky had faded into a dark blue that was only apparent on one horizon. Fear climbed up his spine, perhaps Victor was in the shadows, lurking and watching him. His heart thudded frightened at the prospect of such a thing.

As if reading his mind, Adrian spoke, "Um.. it's getting kinda dark. Maybe we can just ride for a little bit then if you want come back out tomorrow?"

Spencer nodded enthusiastically, "Yea, can we go inside, please?" there as a shred of fear in his tone. His desperate desire to go inside where he would be slightly more safe from Victor.

Mentioned: Adrian (Victor)
Addressed: Adrian
Word Count: 529
Side Notes: Spendian <3

Spencer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by James on Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:28 pm

The later it got the more watching the cameras made him sigh. He had known the whereabouts of the three for a while now, and it slowly dwindled to the two in the stalls. Sooner or later he would have to go get them and escort them back. Lately he had been doing a lot of escorting and though he didn't mind it, it was a bit odd for him to do. Then again, it was a break from having to restrain someone from their violent outbursts. Grabbing his leather jacket, James stood, and shoving his hands in his pockets headed towards the stables. A large huff as his black boots clung to the ground with each heavy step. The walkie-talkie was secure to his belt, as well as the other necessary safety precautions in case the two decided to cause him problems.

The walk to the stables was short, and in no time, the male found himself entering, looking around at the horses and empty stalls before he leaned casually in front of the stall of the horse that the one patient took out. He decided to wait for them to get back and tack up before addressing them and escorting the two.

Looking at his watch, it didn't take long for them to get back. James turned to look at the two as they came in, motioning with his head towards the entrance, "Hurry up, it's getting dark, and I don't want to be out here any later than you two do" the male spoke in his deep set voice. Using his foot he pushed himself off from the wall, and went to his walkie-talkie, giving a few miscellaneous codes before shutting it off and looking to the two, "So, how did your evening go?" he asked them casually as he always did with escorts. Small talk made him feel less of an authority and more of a simple friendly encounter.

James

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Clark on Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:30 pm

Feeling Spencer's hands on his waist Adrian was kinda disappointed he had to get off the horse so soon. He wished he could just like love Spencer after knowing him for a few hours but that was probably against the rules of relationships or something. So he just brought Castiel back to the stable.

"Hurry up, it's getting dark, and I don't want to be out here any later than you two do," he watched James walked closer and he sighed in relief that he could escort them there. "Sorry, hi by the way James. Do you have a flashlight?" Adrian knew pretty much all the staff by name he had been here so long... wow what a sad life.

"So, how did your evening go?" As the much taller man continued talking Adrian hopped off his horse then reached his arms out to help Spencer off. Once they were both off he decided to answer, well sort of. He just glanced at Spencer and his bruised face and gave a sad sigh and a shrug. His day was a mix of good and bad. He got a new room mate finally and a really cool one at that but he had also hurt this roommate.. so it was complicated. "Alright I guess" he said softly as he removed Castiel's reins and bridle. He had decided not to put on his saddle and such today because well he was just to lazy, even though it could have been safer with a saddle.

"Thanks for escorting us" he added with a friendly smile, looking wearily at the darkening sky. He pulled out a sharpy from his pocket and wrote across one of the stalls "hear your voices, sing back louder." After writing he glanced around nervously, it was dark and he didn't like it. Anything could get him, demons were his main worry though. They were the only thing that really really bothered him. Luckily he hadn't seen any today.. unless that boy who told him that Spencer was evil was a demon, which was likely. "Can we go now?" he said in alarm, getting quite spooked and instinctively clinging to Spencer's side as if the taller man could hide him.

Mentioned: Demons, James, Spencer
Song of the moment: Nobody Puts Baby In The Corner by Fall Out Boy
Word Count: 376
Side Notes: Away we go

Adrian Clark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spencer on Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:46 am

Spencer was somewhat relieved as Adrian turned back to the stables. His eyes were wide in fear in the darkness, Victor could be behind a bush or something, watching Spencer's every move. One thing he knew for sure was the Victor wouldn't be happy with his interactions with Adrian. Spencer felt an uneasy feeling in the pit of his stomach. He just wanted to sleep or die or something and miss the wrath of his unhappy 'companion'. He hugged Adrian tighter as they arrived at the stables.

"Hurry up, it's getting dark, and I don't want to be out here any later than you two do,"  an unfamiliar man said when they reached the stables. He was a burly looking man, young and strong looking, but his tone wasn't too daunting. Spencer begrudgingly unlatched his hold around Adrian's waist.

"Sorry, hi by the way James. Do you have a flashlight?" Adrian replied, dismounting Castiel. Spencer observed the shorter man swing his leg over the horse and slide off the back of the white horse, his feet hitting the ground with a click.

"So, how did your evening go?" The man spoke once more, trying to make a conversation. Adrian stretched his arms out to help Spencer off. He tentatively swung his leg from the other side of the horse, just as he had seen Adrian do, so both of his feet were on one side of the horse. Reaching out for Adrian, he grasped his hands and slid off clumsily, his feet hitting the ground harder than he imagined they would. A sharp pain seized his back causing Spencer to suck in breath abruptly. He stood still for a moment as the feeling passed, then backed away from the horse so Adrian could return him to his pen. The man looked around to assure himself that Victor was no where to be seen. He couldn't shake the feeling he was being watched.

"Alright I guess" Adrian answered, taking the bridle and such off his horse. Spencer's excitement had shrunk as he thought of a visit from Victor. He just wanted to curl up and lay in bed.

"Thanks for escorting us" Adrian said as well, taking out a sharpie and writing some words across a stable. Spencer clutched his upper arm with his hand awkwardly. He just wanted to go back to the room now, nothing more. He wouldn't be so out in the open.

"Can we go now?" Adrian pleaded, clutching Spencer. His heart leapt suddenly with the other man's touch, warmth  flooding through him. His mind was distracted from his stress momentarily. He looked at Adrian clinging to him, a small smile appearing on his face. He then looked up at the other burly man ad realized where he was. It was dark, Victor could be hiding just around the corner.

"We're going to make a head start," Spencer mumbled, starting to walk towards the door of the stable, awkwardly walking with Adrian latched on to him. Upon reaching the door, he threw the burly man a pleading look. They needed to go now.

Mentioned: Adrian, James, (Victor)
Addressed: no one
Word Count: 457ish idek
Side Notes: Spendian <3

Last edited by Spencer on Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding to a boring post)

Spencer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by James on Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:52 am

James gave his usual dull smile, and whipped the trusty flashlight out, clicking it on, and scuffling his boots a bit. Letting the two do their thing, while he made his way slowly down the stalls, doing a quick round to make sure no one else was present. When he felt that all was clear he nodded, "Yeah sure let's go". Leading the way, James kept his flashlight in front of him, and every once in a while he would move it from side to side to see if he could catch any one that decided to sneak out. His hand dug into his pocket at the silence of walking through the dark night sky, and chewed on his lip while he kept a firm heel ahead. Looking back every few minutes or so to see if the two were still behind him. Surely they knew better than to stay this late, but he wasn’t one to scold, so he kept his mouth shut and feet moving at a quick pace ahead.

Only when the walkie-talkie went off did his heart stop a beat for a second and then taking it out he responded to the code. Basically letting the front know that he was headed back with the two “strays” as they liked to call them back at the security section of the institution. He didn’t like the way the others spoke of the patients, and would often comment some blunt response back about how ignorant they were. After all, James may not have really liked his job or the problems that happened to come with it, but there wasn’t much he could do about that. Besides, he liked some of the patients, if they were easy enough to handle and calm down. His flashlight clicked off when they got to the door, and opening it, he let the two in first before himself, “Need an escort to your rooms or you two think you can handle it without a breakdown?” he asked hesitant, while shutting the door behind him and placing the flashlight in his back belt. His eyes stayed on the shorter one as he seemed able to speak up for the both of them.

James

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Clark on Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:49 am

Adrian walked with Spencer, his arms wrapped around one of Spencer's and his body pulled in closely to his. Maybe it wasn't a good idea using another guy afraid of the dark as shelter from the monsters lurking in the shadows but his first instinct was to latch to someone for protection. The flashlight James had provided little light, hardly enough to drive away a kitsune. It would be nothing for a demon. The thought worried him and he made a weird whining noise and pulled himself tighter to Spencer, crouching lower and gripping his arm tighter. It hadn't crossed the young man's mind that he could accidentally trip Spencer, he was more concerned with staying safe from something that could kill him.

About halfway to the door Adrian decided to stop using his eyes. He figured if he did die right now he would prefer to die without seeing an ugly fleshy, deformed demon's face. So rather than looking where he was going he clutched his eyes shut tightly and turned his head in such a way so one of his eyes were pressed against Spencer's shoulders. Of course Spencer was much skinnier than Adrian so well, he had boney shoulders and it kinda her Adrian's face to be shoving his eye into his shoulder but he would risk loosing an eye on Spencer's shoulder.

So basically, Spencer was his eyes. The simple project of just getting to the door was quite a challenge. The four legs kept getting entangled and it was just no use, but soon enough he heard James' talk again, “Need an escort to your rooms or you two think you can handle it without a breakdown?” Adrian was highly offended for obvious reasons and he pulled his head away from Spencer instantly, unlatched his arms and hooking his thumbs in his pockets. "We'll be fine thank you. We aren't children, we don't cry over spilled milk. I have serious problems that are a matter of life or death and if you saw half the things I saw you wouldn't dare call me crazy or say I'm over reacting." He narrowed his hazel eyes and grabbed Spencer's wrist, leading him off back to their room.
-Adrian & Spencer's room-

Mentioned: Demons, James, Spencer
Song of the moment: I'm Not Okay- I promise by My Chemical Romance
Word Count: 372
Side Notes: Weee

Adrian Clark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morrie on Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:18 pm

Once outside, Morrie fumbled around in search of the stables. He was quite eager to see his horse again, as he hadn’t seen her since before he had his seizure and shit hit the fan. It wasn’t very hard to spot. The building was tall and well built. Nothing like the crumpled tin structure his parents called a stable. He made his way toward the building carefully. It wasn’t quite past curfew but if someone found him wandering, he may be redirected to his dorm. The whole ‘hospital’ thing was new to him so he wasn’t quite sure how things worked. When he reached the enormous building, he pulled open the door and was hit by the overwhelmingly familiar sound (and smell) of the many horses that resided there. He was surprised by the number of animals kept in there. His parents were small scale hobby breeders so they never had more than six or seven horses. He found Countess near the front of the stable and wondered how she was doing with having all the other horses around. She was usually skittish around people and horses but seemed to be quite relaxed in her new environment. She was probably buzzed on tranquilizers. He whistled for her, a short shrill note that caught her attention quite well. She turned in his general direction and blindly called back to him. All of the almost fifteen years he had had her, they had communicated through sound as sight wasn’t an option. He opened her stall and gently reached out to her. She was only slightly spooked by his touch but he felt that she was relieved to see him. At least he was relieved to see her. Her water bowl was full but he wasn't sure of anyone here knew how to care for a blind horse. He wasn't about to trust that some nobody stable boy was even informed of her condition. He tapped on the water bowl to get her attention and led her to it so she knew where it was, just as he had been doing her whole life. The pen was bigger than that she was used to and the water bowl was on the wrong side of the door. As minute a problem that would be for a normal horse, it was a big problem for one without sight. He tried to move it but it seemed to be nailed to the stall.This would take some adjusting.

Word count: 417

Side Notes: N/A
Morrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chloe DeLaCroix on Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:57 am

Somehow she'd managed to find her way to the stables, rather than back indoors, and really Chloe couldn't care less. The constraints that every day society tended to inflict on the unsuspecting sheep of the 'main stream' tended to bounce off the slender girl's consciousness rather than seep in and become ingrained, and the concept of curfews was no different.

So it was that she found herself hovering absently in the darker nocturnal shadows of the large building, and then eventually leaning against the outer wall - a knee bent so she could place the sole of one of her boots against it. A few light kicks were given backwards, even as she kept her eyes rolled upwards to look at the stars rather than anyone that might be approaching. In fact, Chloe wasn't even entirely aware that anyone was approaching at all - until the sound of scuffling inside of the stables themselves had her turning her head in curiosity.

Who else would be outside at this time of night? Security? Staff? Or was it perhaps a fellow patient. Now that last thought was almost enough to have her snickering, her time spent in various hospitals and institutions having acquainted her with the 'follow along' mentality that most patients in places such as this often learned simply to survive. The truth was Chloe had never been interested enough in merely 'surviving'. No, if she was going to exist somewhere then she was going to exist on her own terms and too bad for anyone that dared to try to tell her otherwise.

She didn't bother keeping her step quiet as she kicked away from that outer wall and then turned the corner to head inside...moving slowly down along the path between the stalls and seeking out any signs of life other than horses. Eventually a pair of shoes were noted in one of the stalls...shoes that had her stopping just outside of it, and peeking in with a rather absent sort of curiosity. A single brow arched, her expression perhaps oddly neutral as she took in the doings before she finally spoke. " You'll need a screw driver or a pry bar for something like that I think...." Her voice was quiet, cutting through the soft neighs and whickers of the horses present, but she said nothing more as she waited for an answer - her gaze steady and unblinking before idly letting it drop down along the other person's form. "You must be new."
-----------------------------------
Word Count: 417
Notes: Wearing - clicky
-----------------------------------

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morrie on Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:08 pm

Morrie intentionally ignored the sound of footsteps that could be heard over the constant sounds of horses. He knew that the footsteps ceased behind him but promptly ignored his observer.

"You'll need a screw driver or a pry bar for something like that I think...." Wow, round of applause for detective blonde. He meant it as a stereotype but as he turned around he saw that the girl behind him ironically did have thick blonde hair that fell in waves past her shoulders.

"I don't think they give those out to just anyone around here." He said obnoxiously although her observation was quite innocent. As if he wasn't rude enough before he got on drugs. The withdrawal symptoms put him on edge so he felt just as enraged as he usually did when drunk or high but it wasn't nearly as fun.

"You must be new here." Until now, Morrie hadn't realized that he was the 'new guy.' He had lived in California his whole life, he'd gone through only one school system and always had the same people around him. Hell, he always made fun of new students. The tables had turned. Still, he wasn't about to give her the satisfaction of naivety. If his observations were correct, this girl was just another wannabe. Her attire was utterly dark and her bold eye makeup gave her the resemblance of a raccoon. The only thing he would ever admit to being slightly cool is the leather jacket she wore. In Morrie's world, leather jackets are the definition of bad ass. An indifferent nod of his head was all he gave toward the nameless girl who seemed to feel obligated to bother him. He stepped out of Countess' stall and closed the door behind him, making sure Countess could hear the click of the automatic lock that signalled her merciful confinement. She visibly relaxed knowing that she could be left alone in her pen.

For the first time since her arrival, he actually looked at the girl standing in front of him. She was actually a fairly attractive woman. He cocked his head to the side wondering if she was all the bullshit he had made her out to be.

Word count: 374
Side notes: another short post because I'm on my phone:/
Morrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chloe DeLaCroix on Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:24 am

The toe of her boot absently scuffed along the floor as she watched the other guy slowly mull over the few things she said. When he mentioned them not giving out the equipment that was necessary, Chloe shrugged. "There's a janitor's closet inside we could probably bust into, and there's a shed somewhere around here that I'm pretty sure might have some rather handy tools...if you're that determined to get the fucking thing off the wall.", she said in rather blunt, and perhaps rude, fashion. Not that Chloe recognized she might be perceived as rude...nor did she even care if she was. She didn't know this guy, and he didn't know her - and even if he did, well it was too bad. He gave her attitude first, and she wasn't likely to just stand there and take it.

"But, the way I figure it is that you're the dumbass that was trying to pull it off the wall in the first place so...uh...I thought I was helping you out by pointing out the obvious."
She absently shifted her weight, one hip pushing out a bit as she gave the stall door behind the guy a once over before her attention moved elsewhere - sharp eyes on the look out for some kind of tack room. One never knew what one could find and really it was just a matter of leverage. Not that she even knew why she actually wanted to help this guy, especially not after the crappy way he'd just spoken to her. Granted, Chloe wasn't one to be offended by rudeness - certainly she even had an appreciation for other people's use of it as she trusted it more than kindness - but still, it wasn't something she normally did...help someone. Maybe she just felt like destroying something. That seemed to be the most likely case.

A doorway was spotted and she moved past the unknown male, and headed into the room it led too. Saddles and other such items were hung neatly on the wall. Saddles wouldn't be any help, so Chloe looked past them - her eyes focusing on some pitch forks likely used for mucking out the stalls arranged neatly in a corner. "Hmmm...was the thing nailed to the wall or bolted?" She called out - not sure if the other person had followed or not - and kept her eyes faintly narrowed as she considered her options for leverage. Nails were weaker than bolts, and not supported by any other means. Nails would require less leverage to pry them out than bolts, or even screws would. Just in case, though, she was already considering their other options - her eyes finding a few rug rails left hanging about as well. Apparently the person in charge of the stables had been in the middle of putting them up and hadn't gotten around to it.

She walked over to one and picked it up - testing it's weight. It felt pretty heavy, likely made out of some kind of iron or something. She held it the way one would a baseball bat and gave it a testing swing...and then absently nodded. If it was thin enough, it might work to wedge the thing up behind the water container's support bar...and combined they could probably exert enough force to manage the job. Provided the guy actually wanted to accomplish such a thing.

Word Count:568
Notes: Sorry for the crappy post. ><
Wearing: clicky  

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morrie on Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:32 pm

Morrie was almost relieved when the girl casually returned his shitty attitude. Most girls would gave cried and he didn't take much pleasure from that. Things were much more fun this way. He flashed her a humble smile when she called him a dumb ass and he bent his elbows to put his hands in the air as a mock sign of surrender.

His eyes followed her as she walked down toward the back of the stable. He leaned back against Countess' stall and just let her do her thing. "Now wouldn't that be just too easy." He called back when she asked if it was bolted or nailed. Of course it was bolted. This is a mental hospital. Everything seems to be reinforced with steel. He watched her pick up an iron bar that had not been put away and gave a crooked smile when she positioned the bar over her shoulder like All Simmons and gave it a hard swing. He briefly wondered what the hell she was doing in a mental hospital and the thought crossed his mind that... she could kill him with that thing. But that would be too easy wouldn't it? It's the nice girls you have to watch out for. Still though, she was there for a reason and he could guess that it was due to an act of violence. In a matter of seconds he had crossed the floor to stand behind Blondie and quickly slipped the bar from her grasp. "Thanks.". He said briskly before slipping back to Countess' stall and positioning the bar to create a lever.

He tested his weight on it and steadily pushed down but the thing wouldn't give. With the darkness growing heavier, he was sure he would be on the watch list if he stayed out past curfew. Did they even have a watch list? He checked his watch which read 9:06. When was curfew? 10:00? He had time. He leaned on the bar again, pushing until he was quite sure that the bar would snap in two but neither of them gave. "Damn." He muttered to himself.

Word count:375
Morrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chloe DeLaCroix on Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:58 pm

She felt his warmth behind her before he'd ever even spoken, and momentarily she stiffened up, as if about to spring into attack. But as his hand plucked the iron bar away, Chloe relaxed...certainly enough to roll her eyes heavenward as he, of all things, thanked her. Granted, she hadn't been about to bash his head in as he'd hardly earned enough of her ire to deserve such a thing...but she certainly could have. Goodness only knew she'd injured plenty of men that were bigger and supposedly stronger than her with less in her time. It was actually one such time that had seen her transfer here. Well, that and a promise that she wouldn't damage the orderlies here the way she'd damaged the one that had attempted to touch her in a way that she was not about to welcome.

She smirked, though mostly to herself, just thinking about the way that particular man's smile had turned to a look of sheer horror as she'd torn the poorly fastened towel rack off the wall and proceeded to beat his skull in with it. The thing that had seemed to frighten the doctors there was the fact that she hadn't so much as frowned, or screamed as she'd done so...merely done it swiftly and quietly and then had simply crouched so she could study the various stages of pain that the orderly had gone through as he tried to gurgle for help. They'd thought she was trying to murder him, when really...Chloe had just been trying to make her point and felt that it had been made quite well.

This boy though...her gaze trailed after him as he wandered over to make use of the bar in order to 'fix' the feed and water situation...no he certainly hadn't done anything to earn her ire. Her interest though, well he certainly had that. She could admit that on purely an aesthetic level he was attractive. He had a nicely made face, likely a nicely made body, and rather touchable-looking hair - though admittedly these weren't things she usually bothered to notice. It was perhaps interesting in itself that she noticed with him. Secondly, he had the sort of attitude that she tended to appreciate. 'Nice' and 'Friendly'...they weren't things Chloe trusted. No, usually 'nice' and 'friendly' were false things and Chloe hated the false. Her mind couldn't accept things that it considered fake to be real. So the fact that he wasn't...well, it further drew her interest.

She bent over  to grab a couple more of those bars, one in each hand, and then wandered over to where he stood...watching through slightly narrowed eyes as he tried to use just one to pry the thing loose. Chloe didn't really know what the big deal was, but she didn't mind destroying things. Especially if it meant proving that it could be done...and bolts, well, bolts were just more of a challenge than nails. That was all. "Here. Maybe three will work better than one.", was all she offered, still not yet determining if she should bother introducing herself, and then began to work at wedging one of the other two bars in like the first one had been. Unlike most people, well, she was hardly concerned about curfew. If they wanted her inside, they could find her. It wasn't her job to worry about such mundane things. Especially not when there were other more interesting things to be concerned with. "There are two more over there too. I could get them and then maybe both of us could provide enough force to get this thing loose..." She studied the fixture they were talking about prying off the stable wall and then glanced up at the still unknown male to figure out what he thought of things.

Word Count: 636
Wearing: clicky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Evans on Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:44 pm

Time skip
All patients and staff who are not currently in there room should make
their next post in there room. As of now the rp had skipped, the date
now being Tuesday September 23, 2013. The time is 6:00 AM.

View user profile http://nightmares-and-daydr.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top